Chapter 43 - This is it

Flash Forward

I stood over the coffin. Tears rolling down my cheeks. I could feel Ian's eyes looking at me from across the room. You know that feeling when you sit by an open window on a warm sunny day, and the sun hits you, and you feel warm. Now thing on the feeling of the only person you have ever loved standing 5 feet away from you, and you need him to be that warm sunny seat, 5 feet feels like infinity. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rewind

It was then that he made the descision that changed everyones life. Along with Melanies life, he took 2 more, his own, and our only daughter, Arabella. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had called the police instantly. They calmed us down, and warned us that things may not be as snappy and quick as they were the night before. I didn't hear them, I didn't want to hear them. I ran over to Ian, hugging him tightly, crying into his shoulder. Ian hugged me back, and we just stood there like that for a long time. 

"Penelope honey, why don't you go into your bedroom and play with your dollies, Dave, Anthony, Ian, and I need to talk privately." Penelope nodded, she wasn't smiling like the normal Penelope does, and I could tell that she knew that something was wrong. 

It was nice to see Kalel and Penelope and Dave again. But I envyed them. I envyed all of them. They had a normal relationship, they had their daughter. 

"Kalel, just leave. I don't want to snap at you, I'm really sorry. But it would be best for all of us, if you and Dave just went and played with Penelope for a bit." Ian said softy. He was feeling it too. 

I couldn't handle it any longer. I had to get out of this house. This house filled with bad memories, and horror. This house that I had been trapped in for the last 7 years. This house. I let go of Ian, and went to the door, getting my shoes on. Before I left I looked behind me. At Ian, his eyes were glassy, and he looked down towards the floor, and I remembered what he said to me when we were in the mall together. About just wanted that normal relationship. I walked over to him, and grabbed his hand. He looked up at me and smiled.

"We are going to get through this" I smiled, and we both made our way out the door, and into the car, and we drove, and drove, and drove. Until we couldn't drive anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have to go to my moms this weekend." I said to Ian, he was driving. So he nodded, and set his hand on top of mine.

"It's ok Anthony. I heard you on the phone with her. You just go alone, you need a vacation anyway, just some time to spend with your family." 

We drove for a long time, we drove into the country, and I remember looking at the house. It was old, and run down. I didn't really think anything of it. Just that it looked sad and lonely, and that whoever owned it had just let it fall apart. I didn't know that there was where my baby daughter was. I didn't know that that was where her's and the body of 2 others laid. I didn't know. 

Ian drove us all the way to a little antique shop just outside of town. It to was still in the country. The shop was made of the remains of an old farm building. Obviously that had reconstructed it so that it was safe, but it was still very rustic lookings, the wood an old grey color. I was in love with this little antique shop before I even went inside. They had old, and rusty tractors sitting outside the doors of the barn. The doors were wide open, They were sliding barn doors, with some white wooden trim. The ground was simply just beaten down straw. It smelled like a farm inside, and that was what I loved the most. It smelled like a happy family, and right now, that was everything I was wishing for.