Chapter 35 - The Unexpected

Ian has been gone for a while now. I'm struggling to stay awake on the sofa, so I head into our bedroom.....OUR bedroom. I climb into the bed. The sheets smell like Ian, and that only makes me miss him more. Arabella was having a hard time without Ian, she was crying a lot today. I was crying too. Why did I have to fuck it up again?

Rolling around in the sheets was making me anxious, waiting to hear if the door would open. But it didn't. Soon I could barely keep my eyes open, and I fell asleep, curled up a ball, on Ian's side of the bed.

"Anthony Padilla" I heard. Calling through the darkness.

"Anthony goddamn Padilla, how the hell did you manage to screw up this time?" Conscience aproached me. It was really dark, and all I could see was Conscience.

"I told him that I wasn't going to go to his Dad's funeral." I looked down ashamed.

"Well, I mean, I wouldn't want to go either, but it's the right thing to do Anthony. He's your boyfriend, and he loves you. He wants you to be there with him. He's having a really hard time right now. You have to understand that."

"How the hell do you know what's going on in Ian's life. Your supposed to be MY Conscience." I sternly exclaimed.

"Ian has a Conscience too, you idgit. We talk a lot, especially now that I don't have to baby sit you 12 hours a day."  Conscience retorted.

"Well what the hell am I supposed to do now?! I'm all alone..." I sighed

"No your not..."

My eyes fluttered open. I could hear a muffled noise. I got up to check on Arabella but she was fast asleep. I didn't think anything of it, and went back to bed. Pulling the covers up over my head. Trying to block the sound of the wind. Soon I fell back asleep with the cover up, and I was curled up again.

I was awoken by the heaving press on the opposite side of the matress. I unballed myself, and cuddled up next to Ian.

"I'm sorry" He whispered in my ear.

I was to tired to talk, so I simply kissed his cheek. I could feel the warmth on my lips. I closed my eyes and smiled. I could feel his skin stretch under my lips and I knew he was smiling too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning because of a phone call coming from Ian's phone. I looked at the number. I didn't recgonize the number that was calling. I didn't want to seem to eager to pick up, but I ended up answering it right away.

"Hello?" I said in my groggy morning voice.

"Anthony? Holy shit you sound like freaking King Kong! I'm guessing that this means that you and Ian made up?" Tyler was so sassy!

"Tyler?! Oh my god! I can't believe that it's you! We haven't talked in years!" I managed to wake Ian up.

"I know boy! You have been missing out, let me tell you"

"You are so sassy Tyler, I love it!" I smiled. Getting out of the bed I walked around the house continuing my conversation with Tyler.

"I know, I know. Guess who else loves it, Troye"

"NOOOOO! NO WAY!" I jumped around gleefully.

"YAS ANT! It happened just a few years ago actually." I could tell that Tyler had the biggest smile on his face.

"Is it hard with him living in Australia?" I became more serious, and jumped around a little less. I really wanted to hear what Tyler was going to say.