15. Family Problems

Chapter (15) - Family Problems

Hello!!” she cheered once I saw her.

Hey there,” I greeted back, taking her in a hug.

We headed to the living room where we sat on the couch as we usually do. She looked as lovely as ever – cheerful and sweet. On the phone, she didn't sound like that at first. I still didn't know why. I thought that she was jealous, but I knew I was just imagining things because I liked her.

So, how was your day?” I asked since I didn't find any other thing to say; I had nothing in mind, but I wanted to talk to her anyway.

Um, good. It went as usual – just went out with Serena and Nadine, and then...” she started saying.

I went home,” she blurted, shrugging, to make us both chuckle. “What about you?”

Nothing. I went to work, and I just came back an hour or so ago,” I told her.

You went to work early in the morning, right?” she asked, and I nodded, feeling funny – of course I went to work early in the morning.

And you just came an hour ago?” she asked again, and I nodded again. “Oh, Niall, that is so much hard work.”

"It is, but I'm doing what I love, right?"

If doing what you love allows you to hurt yourself, then I would be skipping sleep to play video games, just saying,” she said, raising her hands in surrender and, unintentionally, urging me to laugh.

That's okay. As long as I'm not gonna be the one playing you,” I joked, and she pretended to be offended.

I don't want to be humiliated every now and then,” I clarified, and she laughed, raising her eyebrows.

"First game: Niall Horan," she announced loudly.

We kept saying the most random things ever, laughing at all of them, even if any normal person would find them extremely silly. Every time I spent time with Hanya, I was blinded. I had that feeling that nothing else in life matters and that I should be just enjoying her presence. I never knew how was I jeopardizing her until it happened. I couldn't think straight. She was making me lose my mind. She had the effect of alcohol on me.

Every time we were together, I would just laugh at everything, not giving the slightest attention to anything. I felt like flying, like I was not touching the Earth, and I hate that now. If I had estimated everything right, nothing would've happened, or at least they would've hurt me alone, directly; but, they didn't. They hurt her mainly.

"Want some tea?" I asked out of politeness.

"Yes, please."

By the time I was back, she was cursing.

"What's wrong?"  I asked, putting down the two mugs.

"She called like a billion times.

"Who?"

Mum,” she replied, and her fingers moved again on Edward, her BlackBerry.

"Shhh," she said, putting her index finger on her mouth.

I obeyed. With no single clue about why was she acting that way, I watched. She didn't look like she was really fond of how the conversation between her and her mother was going. She seemed pretty annoyed. I didn't know anything about her relationship with her family, but seeing that situation, I concluded she wasn't the best daughter ever.