22. Good News

Chapter (22) - Good News

“Hi there!” Harry greets a not-responding Hanya. “Missed me? I haven’t come in a few days.”

Zayn and Harry had called a while ago saying that they would come to visit and so they did. Harry is now just applying what Lily and I have told him to do: telling Hanya everything positive he can so she would get better. Zayn is standing next to him smiling in a very kindhearted way, looking at Hanya like he really does want her to wake up.

“You should do better, Hanya, I know you can. Don’t just freak the hell out of us! Look at poor Niall, he is not eating. Not eating, I repeat. And, Lily she’s getting too skinny I guess she might vanish soon. A mommy wannabe she is becoming,” Harry continues.

He is smiling idiotically while talking. But shouldn’t those words be kind of annoying? No, let me correct the question: can’t these words be taken as annoying? I guess some people would consider this like nagging. Wouldn’t Hanya have woken up if she could? But some other kind of people would feel this like a good charge, like these were the energy they needed.

Lily puts her hand on Harry’s shoulder in some kind of a ‘watch out’ way. She whispers something and he nod understandingly.

“Much things happened, Hanya,” Zayn takes his turn to talk. “I am now engaged, did they tell you?”

Lily nods.

“And I’m a godfather. See? I’m not really a little kid like Lily says.”

They keep notifying her with everything that happened whether about them, about the other boys, celebrities she likes, video games even or everything that can possibly make her feel good. They do a good job; the beeping gets louder. It’s showing progress. I just hope it’s positive, her heartbeats can increase to something negative too.

The nurse comes in to check on her. She’s not really here because of the beeping, I think. Since that last time the doctor said we should tell Hanya positive things, we kept reminding her with the good memories and telling her about everything happy so she can feel better; that has brought the nurse here almost two times more than she usually did. Whenever she hears loud beeping, she comes rushing to check, but I guess now she got used, we’ve been doing it for a couple of days already.

“Is the doctor available?” Lily asks her and she nods. “I’m going to talk to him then.”

“Wait, I’m coming with you,” Zayn says and leaves behind her.

I take Hanya’s other hand in mine –since I’ve been sitting next to her, holding one hand already- and stroke it. Till now, I still get the same shivers I used to get when I first met her. Even if her hand is not really living in mine, I still feel them, I still love her touch.

“I’m going to call Gemma,”  Harry says and doesn’t wait for an answer, he just goes.

“Babe, how are you doing?” I start one of my usual long speeches to Hanya. “I miss you. I have been missing you since this has started and it’s becoming somehow weird. I started remembering our memories in a different way. I guess I was wishing for good memories with you but we couldn’t create any so I relived the old ones. I still remember the first time we, met Hanya. How everything felt so magical yet genuine, nice but surreal. I remember our first kiss and the fry fight. That fight was literally the silliest thing on Earth. Then it just popped in my mind to kiss you, like there was no better moment for it but that one. I swear I can sometimes feel your lips on mine just like the first time. There was no other feeling better than that one. And when you called McDonald’s … I literally laugh every time I remember that.

“Do you think I really felt those all over again cos I can’t really get any like them now or it’s just the writing thingy? I never thought I was the man to write, and we both know that. But when I decided to write I didn’t give it a second thought, and now I am so hooked to it. I relive everything again.

“Don’t you find it silly that whenever something appears in my mind, I do it. It’s like they jump very high in my mind and I don’t let them fall, I hold them instead. It’s weird, you know? I guess I should’ve learned from the first time it turned out bad, right? Let us see. First, asking you out, but that wasn’t bad till it happened. Then kissing you for the first time; I swear I had no idea I would do that even after we ordered the meal. The moment I knew was the moment just before doing it. Then it was writing, the thing I thought I would never do. The only thing I’m probably not regretting is writing, at least so far. I don’t if anything will ever last. I don’t know if I’m seeing anything from the right point of view anymore, I realized we’ve been seeing things wrongly all the time.”

Then the door knocks and Lily comes in with Zayn following her. Lily looks strangely glad. Her face is covered in an extremely wide grin. She approaches me and stands right in front of me, looking at me with so much happiness, so much happiness that I feel it radiating to me. Zayn on the other side of the bed is also smiling happily. His eyes shine with happiness just like Lily’s and I can find no reason for such happiness. One moment they go, Lily looking all gloomy; the next they come, both looking super happy.

“I’ve got good news, Niallo,” Lily says smiling broadly.

It’s been a long time since she called me Niallo, the news must be good.

“The doctor says Hanya’s been improving,” she beams. “He says that the probability of her waking up has risen up to 50%.”

-:::::::::-

I'm sorry that was late. Really, I am.

Don't forget to check out YG and Joy if you still haven't and tell me what you think! I would love to know what you think of them.

And dedication to @SRArora cos she is the sweet person that has came up with the ship name Hiall. Go #Hiall!

Roaa. xo

P.S. I am sorry again.