25. Hiding

Chapter (25) - Hiding

We were heading to Starbucks. Hanya had decided it had been a long time since we went out. She said that she didn’t care if someone was going to take a picture. She thought I should not hide it from the fans any more because it might break their hearts; it would break them if they knew I had been hiding something so important from them. Her mind was set, so I couldn’t say no anyway.

Lily was meeting up with us there. It had been a long time since we had hung out with her, and I really needed her to come. I was in terrible mood, and Hanya had to be distracted. She couldn’t know what I was hiding. I knew someone like her would tell the police, and I’d be screwed. It was enough already what I had. I never wanted any kind of interaction with those people.

Hey, Niallo!” Lily waved her hand in front of my face and cocked her head to one side.

Hey, LeeLee,” I greeted back, realizing this was not the first time Lily greeted me.

You okay?” she asked because clearly she noticed my mind had no room for her.

Yeah, just didn’t sleep well last night,” I answered, saying the truth partially.

Then have some coffee,” she suggested with a broad smile, which I tried to resemble and just nodded.

I really didn’t sleep last night, but not because I had no time or the circumstances forced me. It was because I was thinking of what happened. I was terrified. Forget about the mystery of how these people ever imagined I could do what they were thinking of. But think about the awfulness of what it was. It was killing. We weren't talking about chocolate muffins here. It was lives ending.

I could never kill. I could never hurt a cat for crying out loud; I was not going to kill. And, why kill him? Because he left one bad job for a good one? And, there was one thing I was sure about there: working at a circus did not bring as much money as killing did. Well, unfortunately, this terrible job gets a lot of money. However, his conscious did not let him get money from ruining people’s lives. He worked, satisfied with less money for the clearing of his conscious. Yet, they wanted to kill him.

I was horrified. I kept thinking about the possibilities that they might hurt me because I refused. What would they do? They might kill me, right? Why not? They wanted me to kill some other man, so it wouldn’t be hard for them to kill me. They wanted me as some sort of camouflage, but killing me would be easier because when I died, they could make something up and use it as a camouflage; no one would deny it. There would be no me to prove them wrong, and then no one would know the truth.

So, that was what fame caused. And, I thought it was bad because I was always mobbed and followed. Privacy was all I cared about then. Now terribly, there were more things to worry about, and they were more crucial. They were more fucking important.

Go to the bathroom now.

I received this text from Jack’s number and decided I would ignore it. But, then I raised my head from my phone to see one of their men’s face at the table in front of mine. I changed my mind. If I didn’t go, they might come, and I couldn’t afford to put Hanya and Lily at such a risk.

I’ll use the bathroom,” I told the two girls, not bothering to meet either of their eyes.

Both were good at observing. They both had already noticed I was not okay. Lily had asked, but Hanya said nothing. She had been treating me differently the whole day though. She met me at first, looking gleeful, but then her attitude changed once she noticed my horrible mood.