Epilogue

Epilogue

“C'mon, honey. You can do this,” I encourage Hanya for the millionth time this morning.

“HeHe, go!” LeeLee commands impatiently, but Hanya is still so stubborn.

Hanya, Lily, and I have been staying in the car for thirty minutes, waiting for Hanya to get some courage. I've been trying to convince her to go talk to Andrew again, that Andrew who turned out to be her childhood best friend whom she loved to bits till one day he told her about his feelings for her, which weren't what she thought they were for a long time. So, she left. She never saw him after that except by coincidence. That guy doesn't feel the same right now. I know it; I saw it in his eyes when he came to Hanya at the hospital, but Hanya of course is not convinced by what I say.

“Fine, I'll go,” she says childishly.

And, she goes. LeeLee waves a goodbye, and I give her thumbs up and a very wide grin, hoping that she can fix things with him. After all, she shouldn't abandon him all this time while he just cares for her.

It's been quite a long time since she woke up, and I couldn't be happier. Only now, I can literally say that she's the reason why I smile. When she woke up, I felt like my heart was back in its place, doing its normal job of pumping blood to my whole body to keep it alive. But, when she wasn't by my side, when I couldn't feel her with me, I wasn't whole. I don't think I've ever been more grateful than I am now.

She's been making a medical progress, too. After waking up, the doctors at the hospital set her free. She didn’t spend as much time in the hospital as I did, but she had much more physiotherapy sessions than the ones I had considering she never moved in such a long time. Now she's walking well – not like before, of course, but better than when she woke up.

She's back in a while with a huge grin on her face. Well, I'm happy. This grin makes me so happy. It spreads positive energy around. I feel like flying to the moon now, if that's possible. I even walk out of the car, and Lily follows to rush things a bit. Yeah, I can't wait.

“He's got a girlfriend!” she tells us, jumping around like a little child. Lily does the same, feeling so happy about it. “Since two years ago!”

My eyes widen in surprise and happiness. I feel proud of myself. I trusted her, and I trusted a guy I met by coincidence in the hospital. But, it turned out great. I feel proud of her too; she got over her fears. She was so afraid that he still had feelings for her. She didn't talk to him for four years just to avoid the awkwardness, but she got over it. She went and talked to him, like the strong woman she is, and got a new friend back.

“How did it go?” Lily asks her in enthusiasm though I know the enthusiasm inside her is much more.

“He talked to me so casually, and he was so happy that I woke up. Then, he introduced me to his girlfriend, whom I fell in love with from the first sight,” she tells. “Then, I asked about what happened, and he said that he has no feelings for me whatsoever, except brotherly love. I even told him that we may go on a double date – like me and Niall and him with his girlfriend.”

I hug Hanya, so proud of her. She even took another step forward by telling him to go on a double date. I know I should be mad that she didn't ask me before involving me in something, but I actually don't care. I love that she did that, and I can't help but feel so proud of her.

“You hugged her, which means I'm going to be a third wheel,” Lily states quickly, making us both break the hug and laugh. She hugs us both and says so quickly, “Bye, I love you. Bye, I love you.”

“Wait,” Hanya starts to say, but Lily cuts her off.

“Nope, Zayn called, saying he wanted me for reasons he didn't mention. Plus, you guys are gonna get so lovey-dovey now. I can't take that,” she talks quickly again while walking away.