Chapter 10

The week goes by quickly. My teachers didn't give me any homework for the weekend since finals are next week, then we're on summer vacation. Allie comes over after school and we go to my room to get ready.

"Does this look okay?" Allie asks, gesturing to her outfit. She's wearing a shimmery blue tanktop, dark jean shorts and a thin black cardigan.

"You look hot. I should probably change." I chew on the inside of my lip and Allie goes to the bathroom to do her hair and makeup. I look through my closet and grab a couple things. I pull on black spandex shorts, a black skirt that flows to my knees and an old Nirvana shirt that used to be Luke's, but his shoulders are way to wide for it now.

I decide that I don't want to do anything special with my hair, so I just brush it out and part it. I put on my big hoop earrings and look at myself in my small mirror. I look a little tired, but other than that I'm good. I put my makeup away since I don't need it today.

Allie comes back into my room. Her hair is curled into loose waves and she has some makeup on, some lipstick and eyeliner, but not so much that she looks fake. "So which one are you trying to impress?"

"What?"

"You look really good. Which one of Luke's bandmates are you trying to get with?"

"Shut it." I walk across the hall and knock on Luke's door. "You ready?" I yell.

He walks out, wearing some black skinny jeans and a white tanktop. He has a black tie around his neck loosely. "You look nice." He says, looking past me and at Allie.

"Thanks, you do too. I like your tie." She laughs a little.

Luke grins, looking down at it. "Yeah, the boys bet me 5 bucks each that I wouldn't wear one. That's money I could use to take you out again." He winks.

Allie's cheeks flush pink. I roll my eyes. "Alright, let's go lovebirds. We're gonna be late."

We all get in the car, I'm driving and Luke is pushed into the backseat. Actually, he offers to take the backseat after holding the passenger door open for Allie. He's so nice to her, it hurts. Luke plugs his phone in and DJs the ride. I push the speed limit, wanting to get there in time. I park next to Michael's car, then we head inside. The other three are seated. I take the empty seat between Calum and Michael, Luke sits across from Michael, and Allie goes across from me.

The waiter comes after a few minutes and takes our drink order. Since I've been here a bunch of times before, I already know what I want. We all order our dinner and the waiter leaves.

"Salads, girls, really?" Calum rolls his eyes and laughs. Allie and I both shrug.

"They're good!" I laugh. "And, surprisingly, quite filling."

Allie grins at me and slides her left hand towards Luke. He does the same with his right hand, all in the while staring forwards. I laugh to myself, they think they're so sneaky.

The waiter comes back with our drinks and tells us it should be a few more minutes. I take a long drink as Mikey sets a large hand on my knee, rubbing it slightly. I slowly set the drink on the table. As Ash and Luke tell a story about recording, Michael slides his hand up my leg and under my skirt. I glance over at him and he's grinning like an idiot and nodding along to the story. He buts in every once in a while to correct the other two. I look over at Cal and he has his obviously red face buried in his hands.

When the story is over, we're all laughing. Cal looks up and groans. "Can we never tell that story again?"

"Aw, Cal." I laugh and touch his arm.

He shrugs my hand off. "Shut up."

By this time, Michael's hand is on my inner thigh, rubbing in small circles. I bite my lip slightly and give him a look. He sneaks his hand down further and I grab his wrist, squeezing it softly. Michael moves his hand back to his own lap. I shiver slightly, missing his warmth.

The waiter brings our food and I dig in. I eat my salad quickly, finishing well before anyone else.

"Damn, girl, you inhaled that." Mikey laughs.

"I haven't eaten much today." I shrug. "I was hungry."

"Me too. Hungry for something else." Michael whispers. I elbow him in the side, but I keep my hand rested on his thigh.

Luke knits his eyebrows and locks eyes with me. He takes a sip of his drink, then sets it back down, all the while staring me down.

"So, Shay." Ashton says.

"Yeah?" I respond, then look over at him.

"Luke tells me that you play drums."

"Yeah! I have for a few years now."

"Cool! Me too, obviously." He laughs a litte.

We talk about drumming a little bit and I slowly move my hand up Michael's leg. I cover his center, palming him slightly through his jeans.

Everyone finishes their supper and the waiter starts to pick up our plates. When he leaves, Mikey picks up his glass and starts to take a drink. I apply a little pressure and squeeze lightly, causing Michael to spit back into his drink and start coughing. I move my hand back to my own lap.

"You okay, mate?" Calum asks.

"Yeah." Michael wipes his mouth. "Went down the wrong tube."

"Hate when that happens." Allie says.

"Same." I agree.

The waiter brings our check and we all throw in some money, enough to cover our meals and a little for the tip.

"So, how are we splitting up?" Ash asks, standing. Everyone else stands. I watch as Michael faces away from everyone and shoves one of his hands deep into his pocket. I smile to myself.

"I guess we'll figure it out out there." Luke says.

We all make our way out to where we parked. Michael stands by the drivers side of his car and the rest of us stand between his car and mine. I toss Luke the keys. "I'll go with Michael, I guess."

Michael climbs in the car and starts it up. "Why are you going with him?" Luke asks.

I shrug. "No one else was making a decision."

"Whatever." Luke gets in his car and starts it up. Allie locks eyes with me, raises her eyebrows, then goes to the passenger seat.

"Should we go 3 and 3?" Calum asks.

I laugh a little. "Uh, I suggest that you guys go with Luke."

"You and Mike are together aren't you?" Ash asks. "He's been saying that he met someone."

"I don't know yet. I just wanna..talk to him. Please don't tell Luke."

"Course not. See you back at your place." Cal grins.

"Just tell him I went with Mikey to give directions or something." I give Cal a quick hug and we get in our separate cars. "Do you know how to get to my house?"

"Yeah." Michael replies gruffly.

"What's wrong?" I pout as he pulls out of the parking lot. "Mikey, what is it?" I trace a finger up his shoulder and along his jaw line.

"What do you think?" He groans.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Your brother was right across from me!"

I lean forward and whisper in his ear. "But now we're alone." I say, my lips barely touching his earlobe. I move my hand to his pants and unbutton and unzip them. Michael lets out a soft sigh and I kiss his neck, my hands exploring his body. I stop suddenly and sit up in my seat, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"Shay, what are you- oh." Michael laughs a little.

"Shh. Just focus on driving." I tell him- and he listens. The rest of the ride is in silence- except for Michael muttering every once in a while.