Chapter 16

In the shower, I sit down and let the warm water run over me, soothing me. All I can think is why? After Kyle, Luke promised me that he would always be supportive, even though he doesn't know everything that happened..

I finish washing myself up and get out of the shower. I dry off and put my wet hair up in a messy bun. I change into my sweatpants and a tshirt. I go out to Michael's room, but he is nowhere to be seen. I pack my stuff in my bag and carry it downstairs. Michael is in the kitchen.

I put my stuff down in the hallway by the front door, then walk into the kitchen. Michael is wearing a pair of sweats and nothing else. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist, holding him against me.

"Hey babe, how was your shower?" He asks.

"Good. Whatchya doing?"

"Making breakfast. You hungry?"

"Little bit." I step away. "I could get used to this."

"To what?"

"This view, last night, us."

Michael puts eggs on two different plates, which already have toast on them. He brings them to the table and sets them down next to cups filled with juice. "Are we gonna have the chance to get used to this?" He asks, sitting at the table.

I take my seat next to him. "I want to, Michael. Is this what you want?"

"Oh god, yes, I want this more than anything in the world."

"Okay, then. That's all that matters." I say, digging in to the breakfast. "Delicious." I tell him.

"Thanks, I try." Michael laughs. We eat in silence, then I get up and grab the dishes. I put them in the sink and rinse them off, then turn back to Michael.

"What do you want to do?" I ask.

"We could watch a movie or something." Michael suggests.

"Okay-oh my gosh!"

"What?"

Michael had stood up and faced me. I didn't notice before, cause it was on the opposite side of me, but his jaw is dark red in color and looking like it's going to bruise up. I walk over to him and put one hand on his neck, and the other on his chin. "Michael." I whine.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Your jaw." I pout.

"I'm fine. I've had worse."

"I don't like hearing that." I plant soft kisses all over the mark.

"Sorry. Let's go, though." He raises his arm and grabs my wrist, causing me to flinch away. "What was that?"

"Hm? Nothing." I drop my arms to my side, then start towards the living room. "Let's go. What movies do you have?"

Michael opens a small door, revealing a movie cabinet. "Shay, what was that all about?"

"I want to watch a movie..?" I say.

"You know that isn't what I'm talking about."

I pick out a thriller and give it to Michael. He puts the movie in while I close all the shades, making the room all dark. Michael hangs a blanket in the doorway so it's even darker. I grab another blanket and sit on the couch. "I'm gonna be honest with you, I hate scary movies."

"Why'd you pick it, then?" He asks.

"Cause I've heard that it's not too scary, and cause it's a scary movie."

"I still don't get it."

"You dumbass. Scary movies give me more of an excuse to be close to you. Scary movies are the best for dates because there's not plot you need to explain to your parents later on." I laugh a little.

"But what if I actually wanted to watch it?"

"If you really wanted to watch a movie wouldn't you have all your clothes on?"

Michael looks down at himself. "I forgot a shirt. I should probably go grab one."

"Don't be dumb." I pull him down on the couch next to me and spread the blanket over us. Michael puts his feet up and I do the same. A few minutes in to the movie, Michael wraps his arm around my shoulders and I cuddle up on his chest. During scary parts, I bury my head into Michael's chest and he rubs my back.

"I want to kiss you but you're in such an awkward position." Michael whispers to me.

I laugh and sit up next to him. We both turn so that we're facing each other. Michael puts his hand on the side of my face and pulls me to him, kissing me softly. I loop my arm under his and place my hand on his back, holding him close. We kiss slowly and passionately.

When I pull away from Michael, the closing credits are rolling across the screen. "That was a good movie." I laugh a little.

"The best." Michael says, then pulls me in to him again.

"I've gotta go." I say, after kissing him again.

"How are you gonna get home? Do you need a ride?"

"Luke took the car, didn't he?"

"Yeah."

"Fucking dick. Yeah, is there any chance you can give me a ride?"

"Sure thing."

"But, uh, my parents don't know I'm with you. You have to leave as soon as you drop me off. I don't want to get in trouble, I want to be able to see you again."

"No problem."

Michael runs upstairs to get a shirt and I bring my stuff out to the car and climb into the passenger seat. He comes out in the flannel I grabbed earlier and I frown a little, but I don't say anything. He gets in the car and takes off, my lips not leaving his body for the entire ride.