Chapter 18

Shay's POV

I wake up in the morning and groan loudly. It's finals week. Four days of pure hell. I take a shower and change into a pair of cutoff jeans, an orange sports bra and a loose black half-zip sweat shirt. I pull my hair back in a pony tail and put on my cover up.

I go to Luke's room and knock twice. He emerges, wearing a Nirvana shirt and some old sweatpants. "I'm ready."

"Oh. Good."

"Four days. Then it's summer."

"Thank the good lord. Let's go."

We go downstairs and I make us each a bagel and Luke puts cream cheese on them. We eat, then brush our teeth, then head to school.

*After school*

Luke and I walk out to the car together, neither of us speaking. I had to wait after for a while because Luke had detention after school. I hung out with Kaitlyn because she is coming over to study. She had to grab some books from her car, so she's going to meet us at the car.

When we get out there, a familiar car is parked next to mine. Michael steps out of the drivers seat and I run over and hug him. "What are you doing here? I thought you were working."

"I was. I got off early. How were your tests?" Michael rubs my back.

"Horrible." I roll my eyes. "But I've got 6 more, so it's just gonna get worse."

Kaitlyn walks over. "Hey Luke. Who's that?"

"Michael." Luke says.

"My boy." I smile.

"My girl." Michael smiles at me.

I stand on my tip toes and kiss him, then back away. "Kaitlyn's coming over to study and Luke is having Allie over. Want to join us? Mum's making supper for more than the family tonight, it won't be a problem."

"Uh, yeah. Sure."

"Not fair." Kaitlyn whines. "I want a guy."

"Have Kenny come over."

"We had an argument. He won't be hanging with us."

"Oh. Tristan?"

"Sure, I'll call him."

Luke, Kaitlyn and I get in my car. I pick Allie up on the way home. I pull into the driveway and Michael parks next to me. Just a few seconds later, Tristan pulls in too. We all go up to my room and start studying. I sit on Michael's lap and Luke and Allie lounge across each other on the couch. The other two find a place to sit.

Tristan and Kaitlyn are extremely close. They are best friends, they always hang out together, but they've never even thought about dating. They're way too close for that. Michael places his lips on the nape of my neck, trailing small kisses up to my jawline. "Mmm, Mikey stop it." I swat him a little. "I'm studying."

"I know. Continue." He sucks on my jaw a little, probably leaving a mark.

"Oi!" Luke yells. "Stop marking up my sister."

"Sorry, man." Michael mumbles, then continues. He moves to the exact same spot on the other side.

"So, I think I'm ready for the chemistry test tomorrow. You, Shay?" Kaitlyn asks.

"Yeah." I speak softly so I don't disturb Michael.

"Are we gonna have an orgy?" Tristan asks. I just glare at him.

Allie and Luke are whispering, as usual. I just roll my eyes at them. Allie laughs at me. "Kids! Time for dinner!" Mom yells to us.

Everyone files out of my room, one at a time. Allie and Luke walk down the hallway hand-in-hand, Kaitlyn and Tristan are behind them, shoving each other around. I stop and check myself out in my mirror, looking at the light purple marks left on my jaw. I pull my hair forward, covering it easily.

"I like that." Michael says as we walk down the hallway.

"What?"

"The marks. Shows you're mine." He places his hand on the small of my back and leads me down to the kitchen. We sit at two empty seats, then mum comes in and serves all of us. Her and dad take the last two seats, dad sitting right next to me. We make small talk, laughing and eating.

About halway through the dinner, there's an awkward silence. I clear my throat a little. "Hey daddy, can you get me some more water?" I ask, not realizing my mistake until it's too late.

In less than a second, both Michael and my father are standing to get me some water.

Oh no.