Amber

Maya sat on their front porch in a rocking chair, rocking their daughter amber."I love you."She whispered to the baby, as she planted a kiss on its forehead."Maya?"Lucas said as he walked out on the porch."Yes?"She answered back."Your mom called."He told her handing her the phone."Ok. Here."She said as she handed him amber, and took the phone."Hello?"Maya said into the phone."Hey,How is everything?"Her mom asked on the phone."Oh,everything is fine. How about you and Shawn?"Maya asked."We're fine also.Listen,your grandma just passed away,and I'm gonna need you to fly to New York."Her mom gold her."Oh,ok."Maya said sadly. "It'll be ok baby girl."She reassured her."How's My little amber?"Her mom asked trying to get Maya's mind off her grandma."Oh, she's good. Amber mumbled Dada to Lucas yesterday."Maya said happily."Aww! I bet he was happy."her mom said."Yeah,he was. So when do you need me in New York?"Maya asked. "Um,in the morning?"Her mom said hesitant."In the morning!?!"Maya said shocked that she had to go so soon."Yeah."her mom answered back. "Ok,bye mom."Maya told her getting off the phone."Bye baby girl."Her mom told her as she hung up. "Hey,lucas?"Maya said as she walked in."Yeah?"Lucas answered back."My grandma died. I'm gonna have to fly to New York tomorrow."She told him sadly."You'll have to take amber with you though."He said as he cuddled his daughter."Can you not watch her?"She asked him as she set down next to him."No. I have to be in the office tomorrow."Lucas told her. Lucas Became a Veterinarian,and works at a veterinarian office."Well I guess I'll have to take her to New York ."Maya sighed as she leaned her head on Lucas's shoulder."I don't wanna have to risk running into Riley."She said sadly."Just tell her the truth."Lucas encouraged her."I'm afraid she'll be angry with me or something."She said as she buried her head on lucas."I'm sure you'll figure something out."He told her."I hope so."She sighed before falling asleep on Lucas's shoulder."I love my gals."Lucas whispered to himself as he kissed mayas forehead, and then his daughters.