rescuer

||Laylah||

The weekend past and it was Monday morning. For an odd reason, I was actually excited to wake up for school today. I wanted to learn I guess. Psh, who am I kidding. I wanted to see him.

Just thinking about this kid got me all warm inside.  I decided to look extra presentable today. I wore clothes that I usually wear when I'm not at school. So it was very edgy but flirty. I did second guess myself, but I felt confident today and I didn't want that to go away. I liked this feeling, a feeling I don't really have a lot, so that's why I want to cherish it. I looked in the mirror and took deep breaths.

I looked at myself.  And for the first time...I smiled.

---

The bus ride was agony. Everyone looked at me. Eyes all around me, I wanted to crawl under a rock.  School was even worse. Everyone started to whisper to each other. In a way it was kind of dumb, because I could hear what some of them were saying.  Ha, you think you're slick. Anyways I just wanted to get through the day and see him. That's the only reason I tried today. I wanted to see him. I wanted him.

Woah okay girl calm yourself.

---

It was p.e. class and I walked inside the gym.  I looked all over for Ethan. He wasn't anywhere. I felt disappointed all of sudden. I told my teacher that I had cramps so I could sit out. I didn't feel like participating today.

"You guys have a little bit of free time for now.  I need to got to a council meeting, wait here in the mean time, don't do anything stupid."

I sat in the bleachers.

I really thought he'd be here today
Did I scare him off that night
I knew it, he probably just wanted to mess with me

I sat there but I could see Brooke walking towards me with her friends and two of our best football players. Huh?

I wanted to run but before I knew it, they were all standing in front of me, blocking my way.

"That's really cute. The piece of shit actually tried today. Sad thing is, you still look like crap.", she giggled. The rest of her friends laughed.

She dragged me by the hair and pulled me in the middle of the gym. She threw me to the ground.

"What are you doing?!!"

"I'm teaching you a lesson you pathetic loser. No matter what you do here, you will never belong, so stop trying. You look way better when you looked like a bum anyways, even though you're ugly all the time."

I started to tear up. Her words hurt. I didn't want to cry. I hate showing people I'm weak. I'm not. I don't want to be.

"...but for now, I'll teach you to stop with all your games."

Brooke snapped her fingers and the football players started to pull on my outfit aggressively . They ripped off my jewelry and broke it. They took my sweater and started to tear it apart.

"Stop, please STOP! Brooke stop, tell them to stop!!"

The guys started to laugh. Brooke came up to my face.

"This will teach you not to-"

All of a sudden I hear a scream. I thought it was a teacher. Oh thank god.

"HEY!", I heard in the back, I turned around and saw it was..

"Ethan", I said in relief.

Ethan comes at the two guys and pushed them over he starts to punch at them left and right. He beats up one of them real good. The other one almost ran away but Ethan beat him to it. He finished beating up the guy, and let me just say, he did not look good. Brooke just stood there in shock. Ethan grabbed my clothes from them. He walked over to me and helped me up.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah I think so."

"I'm sorry I'm late."

"It's okay, you're here now."

Ethan looked over at the gym doors and noticed the teacher walking back here. We didn't want to be in this situation at all.

"Come with me, hurry!"

He grabbed my hand and we ran out of the gym as fast as we could.

-----

he saved his damsel in distress aweeee ;)

-.g