arrival

||Laylah||

Ethan told me that we had to make one more stop before we get to Grayson.

||Ethan||

I drove to a resting stop and parked the car.  I stepped out to check the trunk of the car.  I opened the trunk and grabbed the pocket knife and stuck it in my pocket.  I didn't tell Lele that I brought it, I didn't want to scare her.  I grabbed a bag of chips and stepped back inside the car.  I handed Lele the snack.

"Here, you're probably hungry."

"Thanks, Eth.", she smiled.

I gave one back.

---

||Laylah||

I looked around us and it looked like we were arriving in a small, quiet town. I looked at my right and could see a sign, it read: Welcome to the state of TEXAS.

I looked around at the environment. It was quiet, very hot, and just dull. The houses were dull, the mood of the place was dull, it was just a very plain town.

I started to get uneasy. I was kind of scared to meet the guy. I mean, he was considered a killer.  Although, Ethan said to trust him.  I did trust him.  But his brother was a different story.

||Ethan||

I still remembered where he hid, where i left him. I recognized the street.  I looked over at Lele.

Her knees were pacing up & down. She looked outside and started twiddling with her fingers. It was obvious she was tense.

I reached over to hold her hand. She looked at me and gave a weak smile. I smiled back at her.

"Everything will be fine.."

She kissed my hand and I looked ahead.  I saw the his house ahead.  I pulled into the driveway. I turned off the car and looked over at Lele.

I held her face, and she looked at me, I could feel the fear in her eyes.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine...", I leaned in and kissed her on the lips.

"..I promise."

-----

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long, school has been so stressful now that we have midterms coming up. I'll try to update, I promise I'll try to do my best.❤️

- g.