new beginnings

||Ethan||

i walked into the hospital with Grayson by my side. i walk towards the front desk and do what I need to do and sign what i need.

"i'm here for Laylah Meyers."

the elderly nurse looked at me with troubled eyes, "she's down this corridor..", pointing, ".. and then a right into the emergency hall, she's in room 315 sweetheart..."

me and Grayson start to walk and then we hear her the nurse say, "i hope everything's alright.."

i look back, "i hope so too miss, but thank you."

i followed Grayson the whole way. i couldn't even think straight. all i could think about was how i would react if she was... not, okay. i don't think i could live with myself if she didn't live. she was the only other human i care about besides Grayson and my family.

i leave my head and realize where we were. i looked up to see the room number 315. i stopped for a bit, thinking of what to say.... but how could i know, she's going through so much that i can't even handle what's happening. i just went for it.

but then someone stopped me, "wait son, we need to have a word before you go in and see her", it was her doctor i'm guessing.

i was confused, "i-i um, sure sure yeah, what's up doc.."

"well, Laylah appears to be in critical condition.."

my whole body froze, as if i couldn't feel any part of my body. i almost felt like fainting.

"w-w-wait what do you MEAN?!", i couldn't think straight.

i felt Grayson's hands touch my shoulders. he held me back and told me to calm down.

the doctor continued, "everything's alright-"

"no IT'S NOT!", i yelled.

"ETHAN... stop.", grayson exclaimed.

"son listen, she's fine we're helping her get better and everything. you were lucky. the gunshot just missed her heart. almost a miracle. although at costs, she is now unable to feel or control her lower body. she now has an inability to walk. she may not be like this forever, but right now her condition shows she will be in a wheelchair for a little while."

i put my hands on my forehead and took deep breaths.

"uh-okay... thank you for taking care of her."

"don't mention it, it's my job to make sure to save or help anyone we can, but son, its very unlikely people survive a shot like that, you got very.. very lucky."

he walked away and all i could do was stare at the wall. i started to punch it until i felt bruises forming. Grayson's hands touhed my shoulders and held me back.

"Ethan! stop! don't do this, she's aLIVE man, we should be eternally grateful. she lived i mean isn't that better than anything you can ask for??"

"i know, i know, but now she can't walk and i-i couldn't do anything about it.."

"don't do that to yourself Eth, she's alive bECAUSE of you. you made her stronger. she fought because she knew you believed in her. she's a strong girl. her seeing your face will probably make her the happiest girl right now."

"i.... i don't know if i can see her right now.."

"please Ethan, do this for me."

i listened to Grayson, and he was right. all i can do for her right now, is be there. she's a part of me and i can't just ignore her. i love her too much to do that.

i got up and turned the door knob.

hey huns, i'm back and better than ever. this book is going to end well i promise.

KISSES xox

-g.