a lesson

||Laylah||

---

"Ethan, we've been walking for hours, where are we going?", I whined.

I looked at my phone it was almost 11:00 and my phone was at 25%.

Shit

Ethan gave me a smirk and held my hand tighter.

"Almost there."

I looked around and started to recognize the place.  There were trees around.  The sunset just peeked at the treetops.

"Hey...this is the railroad track."

"Yup", Ethan said.

"Why are we back here?"

"It's just important to me, I met you here and now it's one of my favorite places."

"Awe, Ethan, that's so-"

He pulled me in and held me close.  His face was inches away from mine.

"Listen okay?", he said with a serious tone.

"Ethan, you're scaring me."

He turned me around so I could face the railroad track disappearing in the distance.

"Do you see these tracks? They never end, it's like an adventure, a never ending adventure.  It's a journey that could change your life.  All you need to do is decide if you want take the train or not."

I turned around and faced Ethan.

"That's very poetic of you, and kind of attractive...but why are you telling me this?"

"I just need you to remember that, okay? It's going to be important throughout your whole life. It may be a decision you will need to make in the future, and it could change your life forever. Please remember that, I know I can count on you."

"Okay, I-I promise.."

"Thank you Laylah..", he said as he took me in for hug.

"You're important to me Laylah, just so you know."

I squeezed him tighter.

"You're important to me too, Ethan."

-----

can you guys help me think of a nickname for Laylah, it's kind of weird always having to say her full name ahaha.

comment done below if you have ideas. I'll shoutout to the one that's my favorite.💙

-g.