road trip

next day

||Laylah||

It was 6:25. We were driving along the highway. I looked out the window. The radio was on. One of my favorite songs were playing.  Sunset Lover by Petit Biscuit was playing.  I started to nod my head to the beat.

Looking out the window, I felt free in a way.  Feeling the wind across my face, and the music really set the mood.

||Ethan||

I looked over at Laylah.  She started to slightly nod her head to the beat. I turned it up higher. She faced me, and started to dance. She was the cutest thing.

||Laylah||

The song ended and UGH! by the 1975 came on.

"I love this song!"

"Really? I didn't take you for an alternative rock kind of girl.. "

"Well, don't judge a book by its cover."

I started to dance & sing along, "And you're the only thing that's going on in my mind, taking over my life a second time."

Ethan started to sing along too.  Soon we were both singing in sync.

"Don't have the capacity for FUCKING, you're meant to be helping meee!"

We both laughed.

"You're a really good singer.", Ethan said.

"Haha very funny.."

"No, I'm dead serious, you're really good."

"Well I guess when I'm not around people, yeah, but thanks.", I said with a smile.

Ethan smiled back then looked back at the road.

-----

I wish I could go on a road trip with Eth, damn
I also realized I mentioned a girl named Crystal in this chapter by mistake. I'm sorry for the confusion. I fixed it now, there is no Crystal in this book, but in another one. :)

- g.