catastrophe

---

It's been 3 days and I haven't seen Ethan at school. He's never around now. He wasn't at the railroad tracks. He wasn't on the hill. He wasn't anywhere.

Where did you go, Ethan?

---

It was Wednesday morning. Another boring day of school. I couldn't get out of bed, not because I'm tired, I don't want go to school to arrive to him not there again. It's been 4 days. Four days. That's way too many. He wasn't at school for almost a whole week. This day just felt extra depressing. I wanted to just lay there and hopefully disappear. My alarm rang for the fourth time. Just hang in there.

--

I arrived at school. I felt like everything around me was just ordinary. I mean it always feels like this to me, but today, it just felt like there was no color in the world today. I felt like turning back and going home but it was too late. I ignored everything around me today. Brooke and her friends bullied me as usual but I didn't pay attention. They even left because I literally wasn't in my mind today.

I knew it all because of him. I missed seeing his face. His smile. Who knew just one person would impact your life so much.

---

It was my US History period. I sat there, almost falling asleep. We were doing presentations and this kid presenting made me wanna take a nap. I wanted to walk out. All of sudden I hear laughing from the back of the classroom. It was coming from Brooke and her friends. Then all at once everyone's phones starting buzzing and beeping. Everyone took out their phones and started to giggle. They all stared at me and a few pointed and laughed.

Everything went silent. All I could hear was their piercing laughs and my breathe heavily going in and out. I could hear my breathing. It was like I was deaf to everything around me, except the laughs of my peers.

"Class, what is going on?!", said my teacher.

Brooke then walked over to me. She laughed, "Wow, is this you?".

She showed her phone towards me and I looked at it. It was a video of me skipping.  It was when I bumped into Ethan at the railroad tracks for the first time.  There were words on the screen.  It was edited.  It read, 'loser', 'five year old', 'baby', 'etc'.  They edited a BABY diaper and a binky in my mouth.

"Lol, who skips like that?, you're such a 4 yr old, why don't you just kill yourself already?", Brooke said as she giggled.

I looked around and everyone was laughing.  I needed to get out.  I need to escape this.  I couldn't take it anymore.  That was it, I've had too much.  She finally broke me.  I cried.  In front of her.  No.

"Awe, now the cunt is crying, here let me help you."

She started to aggressively rub my face.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I pushed her out of my way.  I ran out the classroom.

"Miss Simmons! Where are you going?!", I heard as a ran out.

I ran out as fast as I could. I could feel the tears run down and fall off my cheeks. I ran it for the school and sat on the front steps. I sat there crying my eyes out. I rubbed my eyes. I put my arms around my legs and just sat there with my head down.  I heard someone running in the distance I could hear their feet hitting the ground.  I looked up...

-----

hey guys, um, im sorry about not updating I've just not been motivated to update.  I've been really busy & depressed lately, I still am, but I thought I'd just update to get my mind off things for a bit.  Don't know when I'll update again, it's just hard for me rn.  I hope you guys understand.

Thank you guys, ily❤️

- g.