what lies beyond

||Laylah||

Ethan drove me back to my house.

"Why are we here?", I asked.

"I can't really tell you where we're going, but your going to need clothes, and a lot of them."

"Look Ethan, I don't know what you got yourself into in the past, but with whatever this is, you have to be truthful with me.."

"Lele, listen, please, just do as I say and I promise I'll tell you soon, it's just, things are a little complicated right now."

He looked outside and up at the sky.  He looked at the clock, "You know what, it's late, why don't I just pick you up tomorrow."

I looked down.

"Lele, no matter what you say right now, it doesn't matter.  I'm still going to your house tomorrow to pick you up.  Whether or not you say yes now or never, I'll still be here tomorrow to pick you up.  And I'll be here around 6:00. Just think about it, okay."

"fine.."

He moved his hand towards my hand to hold it, but before anything could happen, I opened the door and stepped out.

I started for my front door & could feel his eyes on me.  I could hear the engine from his car start from behind me.  I stopped in my footsteps and turned around.

I watched as his car drove away. I waited until he was out of sight.

I walked inside and ran up to my room.  I shut the door and laid back on the door.

I put my hands on my head and started to think.  What are you doing Laylah?

I sat at the edge of my bed and looked over at my closet.  To my surprise I had an empty suitcase lying around, from the times when I used to think of running away.

"ughh", I said loudly as a plopped my self onto my bed.

I looked at the suitcase.  I lay down on my bed and put my hand on my head.

I knew I had to make a decision. I couldn't think straight.  All I did was stare at the ceiling, all night, till I fell asleep.

-----

I know this is really really late, but shoutout to @dream_dallas for the nickname for Laylah.