love's ways

||Laylah||

it's a whole lot of black here. i don't see anything, but black. but I see... light, far out of my reach. i'm unsteady so I move backwards, away from the light. i'm thinking it's the end. i don't feel like going back and I don't mind leaving reality either. i feel as if there's nothing left for me. so I slowly flow with disappearing.

that's when I feel it.. warmth.

I feel the light turning brighter. waves of this unexplainable feeling inside. the light as big as the sun but bright enough for me to stare into it.

my cold, heatless body floating in darkness, then I feel something in my left hand. it's over-whelmed with a warm feeling of what seems like what i can only describe closest to, i think like love.

suddenly i'm shocked with a sensation throughout my body. i gasp and everything turns white.

that's when I feel my eyes open.

slowly getting my vision I see my body and look down at my hand. it seems to be holding another.

I look up.

"Ethan?...".

"Oh my god Laylah... I..i-i'm so glad you're okay..", he starts to smile.

I hold his face and rub his warm cheek, "you saved me Eth. it's because of you."

he gives me a confused look, "no-no I-I should've been there, I needed to protect you then-"

"but you're here now..", I squeezed his hand, "and that's when I need you most, is now because, if you weren't here, I probably wouldn't have made it".

"what do you mean?"

I smiled at him, "you know, before you came in, I was helpless. I felt darkness and grief consume me, as if I was letting and watching myself die. life was a little bright light out of my reach, and I was letting it slip out of hands. the darkness was so strong, I wanted to give up.... but then, I felt warmth all around and the light came closer. my cold body coming to its peak of life, and out of nowhere, I felt warmth in my hand, and just in my hand at the moment. that's when I felt what seemed like.. a burst of this extravagant feeling flood my body... and that's when I awoke to you."

he started smiling to himself and I see tears drip onto the floor.

"and that warm feeling, in my hand... it was you.", I lifted his head so I can look at him, "you were my savior, if it wasn't for you, i'd probably be lost forever. you were the one who gave me a reason to stay. you showed me the good I had left, the light that still shined. I just needed a little help getting there, and it's all thanks to you Eth."

he gave me the biggest smile and kissed me on the lips. the feeling of his lips on mine, as if life was given back to me. i could feel us smiling as we kissed.

I looked at him as we parted lips.

I took that leap with him and I will never regret it. i had everything I wanted right in front of me.

---

if any of you, no matter who you are, feel like you're falling. don't give in. there is ALWAYS light in your life. if you're in a situation where you feel hopeless, don't give up. even if you think there's no one here for you now. there is always someone out there, feeling the same as you or wanting to listen. don't give in. people love you, I love you. stay strong because please believe me when I say this, there are things worth living for.

with love -g.

 --- 

loves, this book is coming to an end. I really really really loved writing this story. it taught me so many things and made me feel TOO MANY things. agh so much emotion. but writing stories like this is always a blessing and seeing you guys read it and enjoy it makes me even more happy.