leaving

||Ethan||

I woke up extra early. I dressed up and everything. I already put my luggage inside the car last night. I knew this was gong to be a long journey, so I knew I needed some cash. Although I remembered that the emergency money jar was inside my parents bedroom.

I quietly opened the door. It was only 5:30 in the morning so they were still fast asleep.  I tip-toed towards their closet and remembered where they'd put it.

I would always like to steal money for quick food stops from there when I was younger.

I heard them moving and shifting.  I grabbed 250 dollars & quietly put the lid back on the jar.  I quickly ran out and was outside the door.

Before I shut the door, I looked over at my parents.  I took a look at them and watched them, so quiet & peaceful.  I loved them so much.  I didn't want to leave, but I had no choice.

A tear ran down my cheek, knowing I'm leaving them with no one else around.  I knew they would wake up to none of their children here, reminding them of when we lost.. I mean it didn't matter what happened in the past, because I knew I would make things right.

I looked down.  I took a good look at them before I would leave & whispered, "I love you, I'll be back soon guys.. I promise."

I decided to write them a note so they wouldn't worry too much.

--

I grabbed everything.  My keys, the money, my phone & charger, and passport just in case.  I looked at my house.  I felt a feeling of regret. I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to do this.  I shut the door and walked towards my car.

--

I finally arrived at Laylah's house.  I looked at my watch. 6:02 am.  I waited for a her for a bit.

3 minutes.

5 minutes.

10 minutes passed.

I couldn't wait any longer I needed to leave as soon as I can.  I looked at her window and her bedroom lights we off.  I realized she maybe didn't want to come.  I guess she really didn't want to be involved.  I let out a sigh and started the car.

Before I pushed the gas, I hear locks unlock.  I could see her backyard door open slowly in the distance.

I watched to see who it was.  I realized who it was and to my relief.

I smiled and she smiled back.