Chapter 2: A Choice

I paced around the cottage, as I kept checking my watch and looking out the window, expecting to see my husband come out from the woods. I reassured myself by saying that maybe he went to buy a few things and lost track of time. But a vampire doesn't just forget about a trip to Paris. Nobody does, human or vampire. I sighed as I sat on the couch and gazed at the fire place. Maybe he wasn't coming.

-Edward POV- 

I carried the bodies. That was 4 I had already killed. I looked into the pale faces of my victims as the guilt spread across my whole body and I got an awful pit in my stomach. I cant believe I had just killed 4 people. Mike and Jessica and 2 other hikers that saw blood on my face. I dropped the bodies in a pile and burned them as I walked away. I couldn't stand to look at them. I didn't know what to tell Bella. I didn't know what I should do. I looked at my watch. Our plane left an hour ago. My poor Bella. I walked slowly and realized I needed to tell her if Alice hadn't already... I slowly walked back to the cottage as I opened the door, I saw Bella jump up and run to hug me. I left my arms at my side. 

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened?" She said with fear in her voice

"I'm fine..." I replied slowly

"Obviously not Edward! Honey tell me what happened!"

I looked her in the eyes and said, "I killed some people Bella... 4 ..."

Her mouth opened in shock and looked at me, "Edward.. Honey its okay.." She stroked my face but I stopped her hand from going any further. 

"NO Bella, it isn't okay.... I killed Jessica and Mike and 2 hikers that saw me... I ... I .." I stuttered as she pulled away at the tone of my voice. 

"Y-You killed my friends?" she managed to get out

I walked toward her only to see her walk back, "I haven't hunted in months, I was getting better, but then Jessica had a cut and.. I'm sorry Bella.. I couldn't help myself..." 

She looked at me with a look in her face I will never get out of my head. Ever. "And you didn't bother to call or anything? I sat here for 3 hours worried as hell for you and to find out you killed my friends? And then you couldn't control yourself?" I could see her eyes look like if they could water they would and I looked at her

"So that means you cant go to Paris either... doesn't it.."

I looked at her.. "Bella I c-cant kill a-anyone else..." I said through breaths

"I figured." She walked to the room and I walked out the door and decided I needed to leave Forks. I left a note saying, 

Bella, 

I'm sorry for what I have done, it was completely unlike me. I never thought it was something I was capable of. I can't tell you how sorry I am. I am going to go out of town for a while; to get some space and let you heal. I hope you do forgive me, and I will be back when I feel ready. I love you so much my sweet Bella, and be safe while I am gone.

Love, 

Edward

*let me know what you think of this chapter!*