Chapter 12: Strange

-Deven POV-

As I walked away from the tree, I grabbed some more leaves and dirt and continued to spread it over my face and clothes while tearing my shirt a little more and burning it in the fire slightly beside me. I put the fire out and quickly rushed away to the Cullen's house, knocking on the door frantically. I use my power to not only feel whats happening, but to cloud my thoughts from Edward. I keep knocking until I see Edward, beautiful Edward come to the door and smile slightly as Carlisle comes up behind him.

"Hello Deven! You look terrible, what happened?" He quickly asked.

"My house, it burned down and I have no where to go." I said quietly

"Well we have plenty of spare rooms!" Carlisle says as Edward looks at me strange as he walks away and I step in slowly.

"Thank you, so much." I say with a grin. I walk inside brushing my shoulder past Edwards chest.

"Alice, fetch some clothes and lay them in her room. And some blood." Carlisle says as I watch Edward walk away and I see Alice walk upstairs to find some things.

"Thank you." I say as I try to find where Edward walked off too.

"Edward show the guest the room." Carlisle says as Edward leads me downstairs to a beautiful room with a purple bed cover and white drapes. I look around the corner and find a bathroom, with some clothes lying on the counter, a robe, a towel, and three packs of blood.

"Wow, this is nice." I say

"Mhmm." Edward says in a snotty voice as he starts walking out

"Thank you for letting me stay." I say while biting my lip and sitting on the bed

"Look Deven." He says as he comes closer to me. "You stay out of my way, and keep to yourself, no flirting, no nothing understand? You stay away. I expect you to start looking for a new place tomorrow."

"Edward..." I say

"No Deven, believe me if it was just me here I would of slammed that door on your face." He said as he walked away upstairs, slamming the door behind him.

-Later that night, Deven POV-

I stayed down in my room after showering, thinking about what Edward said. I paced back and forth waiting for someone to come downstairs, or for me to find my courage to go up. Neither happened. I waited and waited. As I felt a tear-less sob come up my throat, my phone rang and I quickly answered.

"Hello" I said

"We have her, taking her now." The voice said

"Good, good." I said, as my tears went away and were replaced by a grin, as I hung up and threw my phone on the bed going upstairs.

"Charlie hasn't seen her" I hear Carlisle say as he hangs up the phone.

"What's going on?" I see everyone crowding in the living room.

"Oh hello Deven." Esme says sweetly, as Renesmee lays her head on her lap.

"Bella is missing." Edward says "You know anything about this?" he says

"EDWARD!" Esme says "Our guest has  been through a lot, do not accuse her of such things!"

"Oh no. I had no idea. How do you know she is missing?" I said

"She wasn't here when we got home, and she hasn't been back all day." Emmett says

"Maybe she went out?" I suggested

"Don't be stupid Deven. Bella doesn't "go out", she isn't a 15 year old human." Edward snapped back at me, moving past me and going outside on the porch.