Chapter 6: Hero

-Edwards POV-

I was awaken from my "resting" by the smell of animal blood. Deven came around the corner and smiled as she drank her blood, "Hey.." I looked at her with my black eyes again and said, "Hey, I guess I should get out of your hair."

She took a deep breath and was about to say something, But I already knew what it was. 

"I want to help you." She blurted out

"I really don't need help."

"Yes you do, I know how hard it is to get off of human blood and to animals, I know that for a fact, and I didn't have anyone to help me. But, I needed the help. I growled and looked at her as she pleaded, "Please?"

I sighed and gave in, "When do we start?"

-2 months later-

It had been almost 3 months away from home. I missed Renesmee, and her head full of curls, I missed Bella's sweet touch and embrace. I missed the way she kissed me and the way I loved her. I missed it all. But today was the day. To see if I could handle human blood. I rolled over on the couch and thought about all I had to do to get to this point. The practicing of being around human blood, the urge to run and go hunt. But now, now I was prepared to go home. 

I saw Deven come around the corner, "You ready for the big day?"

I smirked, "You sound like I am getting married." 

She laughed and threw me a bag of animal blood, "Drink up and get ready, we need to go into town soon." 

We arrived and I stood close to Deven. She was going to stop me if I lost control. First we started where we walked side by side. Then I would walk into stores and she would wait outside. 

"I think your ready." She said.

"What?" I said confused.

"I think your ready to do this by yourself, I am going to go shop.." This thought reminded me of Alice, "... and you are going to go get some clothes yourself, and maybe a backpack. We will meet up in an hour or so."

"I dont know if i am re-" she cut me off, "You are ready." She skipped away as I smiled and walked into the closest store.

-Deven POV- 

I was so proud. I was proud of Edward, I was proud of how I could help. I smiled bright as I started walking into stores around and I saw it getting slightly darker. I realized I needed to meet Edward back to our spot soon. I walked back to the spot carrying my phone to text him I was ready. That's when something flashed around me and knocked the phone out of my hands. A vampire. I looked around as one came into view. My ex husband.

"Hello Deven, It is so nice to see you again." He said with an evil smile and red eyes.

"John?!" I said as he grabbed my throat and dragged me into the alley and I saw his friends come up behind him. 

I was scared. He was obviously a newborn, maybe a couple of months, he was drinking human blood, making him 10x stronger them me and, well he was him. 

"H-how are you a vampire?" I asked.

"Lets see, Jim here, is a vampire, he kept up on your whereabouts, changed me and Volia, I am here!" He said with a smile and cheery tone. "And now your gonna pay for running away from me." He launched himself toward me and threw me into the floor, he kicked me and punched me. Even as a vampire, it hurt, not only physical pain but the pain of that he had found me again. And I was going to die. 

Edward dashed up behind my John and kicked him off of me and snapped is neck as his friends started to attack, Edward kicked and punched one all the way to the end of the alley and then broke the other ones arm off, then grabbed hold on his head and snapped it. He flashed after the one at the end of the alley and bit his leg off and tossed it far away. He then bit his neck, cracking it and broke it in half. 

They were dead.

Edward came over to me and helped me up. "Are you okay?" he whispered 

I nodded, "I'm fine." I lied

He took me in an embrace and said, "I'm sorry Bella."

"What?"

He stood back, "Oh, I'm sorry, Its just.. I.. I-"

I put my fingers to his lips and smiled, "Its okay.. I know you miss her. Thank you for helping me."

He laughed slightly and smiled, "Of course.."

That's when something inside me changed, my feelings were stronger, more intense. More than friends. I think I was in love with Edward and I leaned in to kiss his soft lips.