Eight Weeks

Two weeks had gone by since Katy discovered that she was pregnant. She was now going on eight weeks pregnant and her first prenatal visit was scheduled for that day. She woke up early that morning to cook breakfast for her family. As she lay in bed Katy looked at her husband who was still sleeping peacefully. The woman gave him a soft kiss on the cheek before getting out of bed.

Ever since Shawn found out that they were having a baby he had become more attentive to her every need, he was already such a caring father to their unborn child and Katy never expected any less.

This particular day was extra special because they were planning on telling their daughter Maya about the pregnancy and Katy was thrilled at the idea of being able to share this journey with her daughter.

Shortly after Katy started cooking, Shawn woke up and smiled as soon as he laid eyes on his wife. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, placing his hands on her stomach. The man greeted her with a good morning kiss on the cheek. 

“Hey, I can finish up breakfast while you go sit and relax.” Shawn suggested.

She didn't even bother trying to protest because she knew that Shawn would insist. One of the many things she loved about him was the way he always wanted to take of her, now more than ever.

-
Maya’s POV

Awakened by the aroma of bacon being cooked, Maya forced herself out of bed. She brushed her teeth before making her way into the kitchen. “Morning.” she said when she saw her parents.

“Morning, kiddo. Have a seat.” said Shawn as he handed her a cup of coffee, already knowing just how she liked it. When the family sat down to eat, Maya eyed the two of them suspiciously. Shawn kept looking at Katy and they both had huge grins on their faces.

“What's going on? You guys are acting more cheery than usual..” said Maya.

“Well, baby girl, we actually have something to tell you..” started Katy. Maya knew it had to be good news, her mom had that special glow in her eyes that she always got when she was excited about something.

Maya raised an eyebrow, a small smile forming on her lips as she waited to hear the news.

“I'm pregnant.” finished Katy.

Maya was stunned for a moment but finally spoke up. You could tell she was excited because of the smile on her face that only got wider. “Wait, are you really? Oh my gosh!” Maya exclaimed.

“Yep, we're having a baby!” added Shawn, beaming with pride. He proudly took Katy's hand and squeezed it tight.

“Mom, oh my god, I'm so happy. This is amazing”, said Maya as she got up from her seat to hug her mother. “I can't believe I'm gonna be a big sister.”

“I can't believe it either, baby girl but I'm so glad we can share this with you now.”

Watching this interaction between mother and daughter made Shawn so happy inside it was unbelievable. If he already felt so strongly about Maya, who wasn't his biological daughter, he could only imagine what he would feel when he meets his new little one.

“So how far along are you? Do you know what you're having yet?” inquired Maya.

Katy chuckled lightly at her enthusiasm. “I'm about 8 weeks now and we don't know the gender yet. I have an appointment later today and we'd love for you to come with us.”

“We leave in an hour, so go get dressed, kiddo.” said Shawn.

“Alright, cool! Be right back.” she said and hurriedly ran back to her bedroom.