Home Sweet Home

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, but I have a really emotional one coming up next, so get ready for that!

Cory greeted them at the door. “Shawnie! So glad you guys could make it” They entered the Matthews residence to find Cory, Alan, Josh, and Auggie all sitting in the living room watching TV.

There was a football game blaring through the television speakers and their eyes were all glued to the screen. Being the Matthews gentlemen that they were, they each got up to give Katy a hug.

Hey family!” said Josh, jumping from the couch and flashing a smile.

Maya smiled back. “ Hey Uncle Boing”

Topanga, Riley, and Amy came out of the kitchen to greet them when they heard them come through the door. Riley instantly ran into Maya’s arms and they went off upstairs to do their own thing.

“Hi Katy. So lovely to see you again.” said Amy, pulling her in for a warm embrace. “Josh, go help them with their bags!” she added. Her youngest son obliged and followed Shawn out to the car to retrieve their suitcases.

Topanga put a hand on Katy's stomach. “Wow, I think you've gotten bigger since the last time I saw you. And you're glowing!”

Katy chuckled softly. “I know, it's crazy. I can't believe I only have a little over a month to go and then he'll be here.”

As she followed the women into the kitchen, she noticed their two almost empty wine glasses and thought to herself about how she'd kill for at least a glass or two.

“Oh, Katy, honey, I'm so sorry” said Amy, noticing her eyeing their wine glasses. “Would you like me to make you a cup of tea?”

“Sure, I'd love that. Thank you, Mrs. Matthews.” replied Katy.

“Call me Amy. We're family now.” corrected Amy.

Katy smiled warmly at the sentiment. “Thank you, Amy.”

While Amy prepared the tea, Topanga and Katy spoke amongst themselves. Katy told her all about the drive up there and how Shawn gave them the mini-tour of his former life in Philadelphia.

“It was amazing. And you know what? This house is just like Shawn described it. As soon as we got here, I already felt at home.” said Katy,

Amy set down her cup of tea in front of her. “Well, I'm really happy to hear that. We want you to feel at home here.”

“We have to enjoy this while we can. Soon, this kitchen is going to be like a madhouse. Especially when Eric, Morgan and her family all get here” Topanga shook her head at the thought of it all.

Katy laughed. “Hey, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a little chaos!”

After chatting with the women for another half hour, Shawn entered the kitchen to check on Katy. He came up behind the chair where she was sitting and wrapped his arms around her, she looked up at him and he kissed her forehead.

“How's my wife feeling?” he asked.

“Sleepy.” she responded, slightly pouting her lips.

“Well, here, let me show you up to our room.” he said, helping her up and taking her by the hand upstairs. They got to the guestroom and Katy settled down on the bed and sighed. It had for sure been quite the exhausting day.

Shawn got out her pajamas, helped her get them on, and settled her into bed before joining her himself. He turned towards Katy and placed an arm around her. “So are you liking Philadelphia so far? he asked.

“Loving it. It's a beautiful city and of course the Matthews are the nicest people I've ever met. I can't wait to meet everyone else.” responded Katy.

Shawn smiled and leaned over to kiss her lips. “I'm glad. You know, I was so excited to bring you here. To show you another part of me. I love you and I love sharing all this with you.”

“I love you too. I'm really looking forward to these next few days.” she replied, giving him little pecks on his lips before pulling the covers over them and kissing some more.