Trouble Awaits

“You know what, screw this. I'm leaving, the boys can spend the night. See you all tomorrow for dinner” Morgan stood up, her head spinning from the amount of wine she just had.

Alan picked up the bottle of wine she'd been drinking. “Morgan, you drank nearly the entire bottle. There's no way in hell you're driving yourself home. Give me your keys. I'll take you home.”

Out of everyone else in the family, Morgan felt like her dad understood her the most. She definitely had his temper, that's for sure.

“Fine. Whatever.” she pulled out her keys and tossed them to Alan.

Brandon, the more laid-back twin who was most definitely a momma’s boy, walked into the kitchen right as they were leaving. “Mommy, where are you going?”

“I'm going home but you and Aiden are staying the night here, okay? I'll be back in the morning with your clothes.” said Morgan, giving her son a hug.

“Okay..” he replied.

Morgan ran her fingers through his hair and kissed his forehead. “Be good for grandma and grandpa.”

Once they were out the door, Shawn turned to Katy. “I'm so sorry you had to see that. I promise you it's not usually like this.”

“No need to apologize, Shawn. Families fight sometimes and besides, I've seen a lot worse.” replied Katy. Shawn pulled her closer for a quick kiss on the lips.

Topanga glanced down at her watch. “It's getting late. I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna go check on the girls and then I'm heading to bed.

Katy nodded in agreement. “We'll be doing the same pretty soon. We all have an early morning tomorrow.”

Katy, Shawn, and Cory were sitting at the kitchen table talking when Topanga suddenly came running down the stairs.

“The girls are gone!” she said.

Shawn stood up immediately. “Gone? What do you mean gone?” His tone was laced with worry and concern.

“Now, there's no need to panic. Josh is gone too, so I'm pretty sure they're with him.” said Topanga rationally.

“No offense, but that doesn't make me feel any better” said Shawn, angrily taking out his phone.

“Who are you calling?” asked Katy.

“I'm calling our daughter to find out where the hell they are” said Shawn.

Shawn dialed, but it eventually went to voicemail. “Dammit! No answer”

Katy rubbed Shawn's back for comfort. “ Calm down, honey. I'm sure they're fine”

-----

Meanwhile, Maya, Riley, and Josh had just arrived at the party. There was a crowd, but not too bad. The house was loud with music and laughter, the air slightly clouded with smoke. Riley held Maya’s hand as they looked around.

“Hey Matt, this is my niece Riley and her friend Maya.” said Josh. “Guys, this is my friend Matt. This is his house”

Riley smiled brightly and waved.

“Sup. Got anything to drink?” said Maya.

“Yeah, right over there” said Matt, pointing over at the open bar.

“Sweet. Let's go, Riles.” said Maya, leading her by the hand over to the bar.

As Maya prepared them both a drink, being sure to make it as strong as possible, Josh walked over to them with a smirk on his face. “Wow, Maya, I didn't know you were such a badass.”