Christmas Eve

*A/N: Thanks for all the feedback, guys. There definitely will be a sequel when I'm finished with this book :) also there will be 3 more chapters after this

Silver bells, silver bells
It's Christmas time in the city..

Katy awakened to what she instantly recognized as her daughter's angelic singing voice coming from her room.

The space on the bed where her husband slept was empty and she smelled the aroma of fresh coffee brewing in the kitchen. The woman stretched one more time before getting out of bed and making her way to Maya’s room.

She peeked in the doorway to find Maya sitting on her bed with Shawn Jr. nestled in her arms. “Singing seems to calm him down. I think he likes the sound of my voice” said Maya when she noticed her mother.

“I'm not surprised. You have a beautiful voice, baby girl” said Katy with an air of pride in her tone.

“Thanks. And oh yeah, Merry Christmas eve, mom” said Maya.

Katy chuckled softly. “Thank you, Maya. Merry Christmas eve to you too”

Out in the kitchen, Shawn had just made a pot of coffee. He took out the special Christmas mugs for each of them, as well as the cream and sugar.

“Morning, babe” said Katy as she greeted Shawn with a quick peck on the lips.

“Morning. Merry almost Christmas” replied Shawn.

Katy went to grab a cup to prepare her coffee when she felt a pair of hands slip around her waist before feeling a familiar pair of soft lips on her neck. “Shawn Patrick Hunter wh..what do you think you're doing?”

“Just trying to get my wife back to bed..” his fingers slid down to the lower hem of her shirt, tracing little circles on her bare skin that sent chills through her body.

“Oh, I don't think so. I still have so much to do..” She gasped when she felt his hands move higher, “But maybe we could go back to bed for a little bit once I finish cleaning”

“Better yet..” Shawn moved to nibble gently on her earlobe, “We could do a little fooling around in here”

“We can't..did you forget we have children-” Katy gasped again when she felt his fingers now massaging her breasts.

“Mmm..right. Almost forgot about that” joked Shawn. He slowly pulled his hands away before he backed away from her, “So how about this. You drink yourself a nice little cup of joe then meet me in the shower in a few minutes”

He smirked playfully at her as he walked away and watched her try not to smile as she glared at him, knowing she would join him.

Katy shook her head as she drank her coffee and cleaned up the kitchen. She checked on Maya with the baby before going to join her husband.

--------------

Shawn followed Katy out of the bathroom their bodies wrapped in towels and their hair still damp as they moved to the bedroom to get dressed. She made a stop to Maya’s room to get the baby and she placed him on their bed while they got dressed.

Katy pulled out a red Christmas jumper with lights that lit up on the front and grabbed a pair of jeans, tossing Shawn an identical one to wear while he put on his own pair of jeans. The Christmas sweaters were apart of Katy and Maya’s holiday tradition in which Shawn protested at first, but eventually obliged.

“Do we really have to match today?” asked Shawn.

“Yes. Why wouldn't we? It's cute” responded Katy as she shimmied into her jeans.

“Seems kinda cheesy to me” said Shawn as he pulled on his sweater over his head.

Katy pulled out the tiny reindeer onesie she had bought for Shawn Jr. “You should know me well enough by now to know I love cheesy”

“True. It's one of the many things I love about you” said Shawn.

She smiled brightly at Shawn before changing the baby's diaper and dressing him in his outfit. “Our son is the cutest little reindeer ever!” squealed Katy as she showered their baby with kisses.

Katy placed the baby in his chair in the living room, strapping him in securely and went back into the kitchen for coffee with Shawn.

He watched her as she poured two cups of coffee and went to reach for the sugar while he got the creamer. Katy smiled as she fixed her coffee and turned to
look at him, “What?”

“I'm just amazed by the way you take my breath away even with your hair all wet, mixing sugar in your coffee. Are you sure you just had a baby? Because you look really, really, good..” said Shawn.

“I'm flattered, honey. But we don't have time for another round. We need to get this place cleaned up so we can enjoy our festivities later this evening”

Shawn groaned. “Fine, I just hope that means we can sleep in tomorrow”

Katy rolled her eyes. “You keep hoping that, Hunter. Now get to cleanin’”

---------

Homemade tuna melts had just came out the oven, movies were chosen, and the Hart Hunter's were more than ready for Christmas eve.  After plenty of debate, mainly between Maya and Shawn, they finally decided to go with Maya’s favorite Christmas movie, Elf, for the first movie to watch.

They all snuggled together on the couch under the quilt blanket that Katy's great grandmother had sewn while Baby Shawn rested peacefully in his bassinet. 

While they sipped their hot cocoa and ate their tuna melts, Katy glanced over at Shawn. “Merry Christmas, Mr. Shawn” she whispered.

Shawn smiled and softly kissed her lips, wrapping his arm tightly around her. “Merry Christmas, Ms. Katy”