It's A...

A/N: I know this chapter is shorter, but it's cute and we finally find out the gender of baby Hunter :)

Fall was quickly approaching and the baby was growing in Katy more and more as the days went by. She was 18 weeks now and very anxious that morning because her and Shawn would be finding out the gender of their baby.

Shawn was typing away on his laptop at the kitchen table while Katy prepared a cup of coffee for him. She sat the cup down on the table and wrapped her arms around him, kissing his cheek.

”Today's the big day. Are you excited?” she asked.

“Yep, I'm excited. It's been kinda hard waiting to find out.” he replied.

Katy laughed. “I know what you mean.” she said. Both of them agreed that they'd obviously be happy with either gender. Although Kath was secretly hoping for a boy. She always wanted to find out what it was like to raise a little boy.

Just then, Maya walked in and she was already dressed and ready to go. You could tell by the look on her face that she was probably more excited than Shawn and Katy were, if that was even possible.

“Hey guys, so when are we leaving? The suspense is killing me.” said Maya.

“One more hour, kiddo.” replied Shawn.

Shawn and Katy sat down on the couch, hoping that the hour would fly by.

“Can I talk to the baby?” asked Shawn.

“Of course, hon. Anytime you'd like” Katy responded.

Shawn lifted up her shirt and gently rubbed her tummy. “Hello again, baby. This is your Daddy. I just wanted to tell you how much your mommy and I love you. You're not even here yet and we love you so much already. So does your big sister Maya. See you soon.” he ended with a kiss on her tummy.

Suddenly,  Katy felt a sensation she hadn't felt before now. She knew what it was from experience, but she still couldn't believe it.

“Shawn! Oh my god!” she said, holding her belly.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

“It's the baby. Our baby. Our baby is kicking!!” she exclaimed.

Katy grabbed Shawn's hand and placed it back on her stomach so he could feel.

Shawn's eyes began tearing up. “I- I feel it too. That's our baby.” he proudly stated.

Katy nodded and connected her lips to his. Every milestone was so special to the both of them and Katy was blessed to be able to share it with a man as wonderful as Shawn Hunter.

-

Now at the hospital, Katy was all set up for the ultrasound as Shawn and Maya watched anxiously.

“We'll check to see if the baby is in a position where we can see the gender.” explained Dr. Robbins.

They waited a few moments before the doctor spoke up again. “Well Mr. and Mrs. Hunter, congratulations, you're having a baby boy!”

Katy cried again, which she noticed they seemed to be doing a lot lately.

“A little boy. Wow. That's our boy in there, Katy!”  said Shawn. He was beaming with pride.

“I'm so happy. Maya, can you believe it? You're gonna have a baby brother..” Katy said, looking up at her daughter.

Maya had a huge smile on her face and hugged both of her parents. “That's really  amazing, mom. I can't wait to meet him.”

“Oh, look! He's sucking his thumb.” Dr. Robbins pointed out on the monitor.

“Awww” Katy and Maya both said in unison.

Shawn leaned down to kiss his wife. “Katy, thank you for blessing me with the greatest days of my life. I love you more than you could ever imagine.” said Shawn.

Katy was speechless and crying tears of joy. She stood up and embraced her husband for a moment before finally leaving the hospital.

Since they now knew the gender, more planning could be done. Katy couldn't wait to call Topanga and let her know she could start planning the gender reveal party. She smiled imagining the looks on everyone's faces when they made the big reveal.

Back at the apartment, the first thing she did was call Topanga.

“Hey Topanga. We found out the gender today, so we can go ahead and plan out the reveal party.” said Katy with excitement.

“Already on it, my dear.” replied Topanga.

Baby boy Hunter. Katy could hardly wait for the next adventure.