Peaceful

Katy woke up that morning feeling completely calm. She smiled to herself knowing she had her husband to thank for that. No matter how she was feeling, Shawn always knew just what to say or do to make everything better again. Her mother was coming over for dinner that evening and Katy felt peaceful.

She was leaning against the counter in the kitchen when Shawn came in. He embraced her and kissed her forehead. Katy was wearing nothing but one of Shawn's t-shirts that was way too big for her and she had her blonde hair in a loose ponytail, yet in Shawn’s eyes she was as radiant as ever.

“Good morning, love” said Katy.

“Good morning to you too. You're in a good mood this morning” replied Shawn as he gazed into her warm brown eyes.

Katy affectionately brushed her hand down the side of his face down to his chest.
“Yeah. That's mostly because of you”

Shawn smiled and boosted his wife up on the counter and stood in between her legs. He passionately locked lips with Katy while holding onto her small waist.

“I want you to be as stress free as possible today, so why don't you go shower, relax, and I'll take care of everything else before I go pick up your mom” he told her. He naturally placed a hand on her belly, which he found himself doing quite often ever since he found out she was pregnant.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yes, sweetheart. I'm sure.” said Shawn.

They kissed one more time and with her forehead pressed against Shawn's, all she could think about was how she never ever wanted to stop kissing him. Reluctantly,  she went to go shower and start the day.

----------
Four outfits later, Katy finally settled on wearing a black & white floral Maternity dress, and she curled her hair. She took one last look at herself in the mirror before deciding she looked at least somewhat presentable.

Maya tapped on the door before entering the room. “Hey Mom”

“Hey, baby girl. You look nice” said Katy. Maya wore a purple blouse and jeans with her hair in a french braid.

“Thanks. So do you” said Maya.

Katy walked out to the living room and sat down with Shawn on sofa.

“Hey, beautiful” said Shawn, placing his hand on her leg. “I have to go get your mom soon. Do you need anything while I'm in the city?”

Katy glanced down at Shawn’s hand that gently massaged her thigh. “Nope, I think I'm good” she said.  She felt a little silly thinking that she would miss Shawn when he left. He wouldn't even be gone for that long but that's just how much she loved him.

“What's wrong, Katy?” asked Shawn when he noticed a change in her expression.

Katy's eyes began tearing up a little. “Nothing. I'm just gonna miss you. And I know that sounds silly, but I miss you anytime that we're apart. No matter how long.”

At this point she was wondering if these were just the pregnancy hormones talking or simply what's in her heart. She decided it was a bit of both.

“No it's actually not silly at all because I feel the same way during the week when we're at work. The best part of my day is coming home to you” Shawn brushed a strand of hair behind Katy’s ear and kissed her cheek.

“I love you so much” Katy said softly.

“I love you too” said Shawn. “And I'll try to get back home to you as soon as possible.”