Prologue

It was a dark, windy night. No rain, no thunder, just the calming sound of the massive trees rustling in the wind.
Only one sound broke through. It was a silent sobbing coming out of one of the tallest trees. The sound almost disappeared, only to return again.
Sitting in the tree was a little girl. Blood all over her ragged shirt. She was shivering, tears running down her unbelieving face. Her hair was blown around her, making it hard for her to see clearly. She didn't care.
Staring to the stars with an empty, hopeless expression she looked as if she was searching for answers within these tiny sparkling lights, illuminating the black night sky.
But there were no answers. No explanations. Nobody telling her that everything would be okay. She was alone. Only surrounded by darkness and wind. Hopeless.

Her lips, chapped from her biting them, formed the word "why" over and over again but no sound left her mouth. She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry out for someone to change everything she had seen, to change what had happened. But she couldn't build up the strength to raise her voice. She clawed her fingernails into her arms as another wave of memories and pain shook her.
The girl lowered her head, squeezing her eyes together like it would change everything into a beautiful, less difficult and peaceful world.
She closed her eyelids completely, only concentrating on the sound of the leaves around her. It was calming. It had always been. It filled her with strength, if only a little bit.

The girl had always been rather alone. The other children didn't bully her, they simply didn't seem to want to talk to her.
She was okay with it. She liked sitting around and singing by herself. Her voice was clear and was able to express emotions in songs very well.
Sometimes the girl would imagine that the wind was with her, listening to what she was singing. Like that, she felt less alone.
The wind was like a friend to her. She had decided to give it a name at some point. She called the wind "Glare".
Whenever she felt sad or stressed, she would go outside and tell Glare. It helped. Glare always listened. Glare was the only one that listened. Except her parents.

The girl regretted thinking about it immediately.
Her parents. She opened her eyes, now with an expression of agony. Her mother, her father. She stared at her bloody shirt and even more tears rolled down her pretty face. Pain flooding through her brain. Again and again. Until she couldn't take it anymore.

A heartbreaking scream, filled with anger, loneliness and sadness left the girls lips and broke through the silence of the night.
The girl sat there, panting and whimpering. Weak, she mumbled: "Glare... Help me...". Then, her vision went black.

//Hi ^^ This is the first story that I'm writing, if you notice anything that I could do better, please tell me!
I hope you'll enjoy reading this, have fun! c: //