Pained Therapy

Pained Therapy

21st September 2032 (11 weeks and 4 days)

Brax's POV

"FUCK! NO MORE!" I cried in agony, my physical therapist Julie was trying to help me do some stretches on my broken leg, and it is hurting like a bitch. I had my left hand fisted in my hair, I just wanted to pull ever strand out, my eyes were squeezed shut tightly, as the pain was shooting all the way through me.

"Brax, you need to do these three times a day, it's painful, I know but you need to do this so you can get back on your feet again."  I opened my eyes and looked at her, how the fuck would she know, she hasn't been stuck in this fucking bed for nearly a month, I just want to go home.

"No more." I whispered and turned my head away from her, I heard her annoyed and frustrated sigh before she kept on talking, I'm sick of the sound of her voice already and I've had to put up with it for two weeks, three times a fucking day, I've had enough.

"The longer you wait to get those muscles moving, Brax, the longer your recovery will take, you already have at least four months of rehab ahead of you while your leg heals, so it needs to be done, I'll come back later, give you some time to relax." she said before she left, relax? she's got to be kidding right? 

I let out a loud groan, one mixed with frustraion, and most of all pain, I don't know how much more I can take of this before I snap. I send Lexi away each time Julie appears, I don't want her to see the pain that I have to go through, and it seems to be getting worse each time. I had an x-ray taken of my arm and leg, the arm is coming along good, but the leg still has a way to go.

"Is it safe to come in?" Jace asked as he lightly tapped on the door, I turned to see him and Ashley standing in the doorway, looking unsure if it was safe or not to enter. I usually kept everyone away for at least half hour after the rehab sessions, it takes a lot out of me, mentally and physically.

"Yeah." I watched them as they walked in slowly, still unsure whether it was a good idea or not.

"I won't bite." I said as I changed positions, which is not all that easy with only using half my body, the side of my body I hardly used before, I'm right handed.

"We were out there long enough to hear every scream Brax, we can come back later." Jace looked at me with concern, I wish people would stop looking at me like that.

"I said it's fine, just stop looking at me like that." I took a deep breath, I tried to relax but that was useless, Jace then sat down on the recliner that is usually occupied by Lexi, and Ash sat down on his lap. Her arm was hiding behind a sling, and she was still moving around slowly, at least she can walk, I can't.

"Sorry, it's just hard to see you like this, but hear it, that was worse." he said as his hand slowly rubbed over Ash's thigh, I can't even deal watching that, I miss being able to do anything normal with my girl, that's the biggest part that's affecting me.

"I know, that's why I send Lex away, the look on her face when she stayed the first time, I hate seeing that pained look on her face."  he nodded and gave me a small smile.

"So how are the two of you going?" I asked, changing the subject off from me, he looks happy, and it's kinda weird seeing him still glued to the same girl, usually he'd only have them for a day or two.

"Good, Mum and Dad have gotten to know Ash a little better, I thought they were going to disown me." he chuckled and Ash was beaming, she looked just as happy, when Lexi and I first met her we thought it was just a fling, but I can now see it's not.