Babies 'R' Us

Babies 'R' Us

11th February 2033 (Lexi is 32 weeks, Tahni is 12 weeks)

Jace's POV (pic of Jace on the side ----->)

Tahni and I are currently waiting at the medical centre, we have two appointments, we are saving the best until last, the twelve week ultrasound for our second child, still sounds weird saying that. The first of the appointments is to find out the results of Ashley's amniocentesis, where a paternity test was taken, I wanted to make sure who's baby this was after I found out she was keeping it. If it's mine, I will do what I need to do to take care of it, if not, Tahni and I can go back to our happy little bubble with our daughter and waiting for our new arrivial.

"I'm scared." Tahni whispered in my ear, I sighed and pulled her closer to me, my arm was wrapped around her shoulder, her head was resting on mine as we sat face to face with Ashley and the guy she cheated on me with, his face looking bored, like he doesn't even want to be here. Ashley sat there staring at Tahni, looking down at her belly, you can easily tell that Tahni is pregnant, her bump is quite visible, Ashley raised her brows at me, in which I just ignored, I don't need to justify anything to her.

"So am I, Baby, so am I" I wanted to be positive that the baby isn't mine, because with some of the wild and drunken nights I had with her, I could have fucked up, fucked up badly, that's why I wanted the test done. I always made sure that I was covered, sometimes double wrapped, just so no little bugger escaped and thought it'd be cool to find a waiting egg. It would kill us both if I was the father of Ashley's baby, not just that, I already feel like I had cheated on Tahni with so many girls, she'd feel betrayed that her babies have another sister or brother out there, one that I could have prevented if I had only waited for her to return. If only I knew she was, I wouldn't be in this mess.

"I have the test results here." the doctor entered the room and walked around to his desk, I gripped Tee's hand tightly, my heart was beating so fast that I couldn't hear anything else but the pumps going through my ears. I saw Ashley sit up straighter and she held her baby bump in her hands, Tahni and I were both shaking nervously.

"I'll start with the sample that was collected from Anthony David Chambers." the doctor looked up from the sheets of paper, the guy Anthony nodded and waited, Ashley smiled at him, she looks confident that it's his, it bloody better be too.

"Results are negative, there's no possible way that you're the father of Miss Mansfield's unborn son." I felt the blood drain from my face, Tahni instantly let go of my hand and moved away from me, that hurt, Anthony stood up and just left Ashley sitting there, she looked like she was about to cry. Did he say son? Oh FUCK!

"Jace Ryan Taylor." he started to say, I can't believe that the baby is mine, this could break Tahni and I, she's already just pulled away from me, my heart felt like it was about to burst. I already have one daughter and hopefully another one on the way, and now I'm about to hear that I fathered a son that's growing inside my ex girlfriend.

"I'm sorry Jace, I'm sorry." I heard Ashley cry, I looked her way to see tears falling down her cheeks, I still couldn't move, I felt like I was glued to the chair.

"Jace you're not the father." my head snapped to the doctor after he said that, the impact of those words felt like I had just died from shock, I looked to Tahni and her grin was huge, what a fucking relief. Tee squealed and jumped on my lap, showered my face with kisses, shes' just as happy about this as I am, if not more, it would have been a lot harder for her to deal with if I had been the father.

"Let's get out of here." I whispered into her ear, she nodded fast as I lifted her off my lap when I stood up. I shook the docs hand and thanked him before I turned to a confused and upset Ashley, I have nothing to say to her, she's got no one to blame but herself, that poor baby, I just hope she looks after him and finds his real dad.