Our New Home

Our New Home

11th December 2032 (same day as previous chapter)

Lexi's POV

I laid out across my bed like a starfish for the last time, my eyes flickering around the room as I took in all the images I've created over the last seventeen years. Mum helped me paint this room, it's half purple and half yellow, we even put our hand prints on a few parts of the walls. I'm going to miss this room just as much as waking up and hearing Dad and Kale around the house, I have to swap that for the sounds of Brax's snoring, I wonder if I thought this through properly.

Today I'm moving in with my fiance, the man I'm gonna be spending the rest of my life with, the Daddy of this little man that is kicking me hard. I rested my hands over my swollen bump, just rubbing my thumbs over the spots where Jaxon kicks, I so love that feeling and I don't want to stop, ever. The only thing that has dampened the mood was the fact that little Rox has passed away, Brax had sent me a text earlier about the families loss, I told him I didn't want to go there, it's hard enough knowing she's gone, she was just like one of them.

"Lexi, can I come in?" Kale knocked softly on the door as he stuck his head through the gap, I sat up and waved him in. He walked over slowly and sat down on the edge of my bed, it's not very often he comes in here, he pretty much stays in his room. I always think that he's holding back on how he really is feeling about losing mum and I just can't seem to help him express his feelings.

"Hey lil bro, everything alright?" I smiled then placed his hand on Jax as he kicked me, Kale's eyes lit up brightly and a grin formed on his face, he looks just like Dad but he has Mums eyes.

"Wow, that is so cool, I can't wait to teach him how to play footy." he happily said as he left his hand there as Jax kept on going. Kale is so excited to be an Uncle, he even said he's going to be the favourite out of the lot of them.

"Yeah, it's gonna be great." I smiled to him, we will get to teach him everything he we need to know, I'm going to be responsible for a tiny person,  how weird does that sound, just like Tahni has been. I can't believe that Jace and Tahni have a baby, I thought it was weird how her family packed her up and moved away suddenly and now she comes back with his baby, it's just so strange.

"I'm going to miss you, I wish you didn't have to go." he said quietly as he now rested his head on my bump, I sighed sadly, I knew this was gonna be hard for him. I just let him lay there for a while, just feeling Jax move from time to time as Kale softly traced his fingers around my bump.

"I know, but you can come over anytime you want, Brax and I will be here for dinner some nights when Dad orders us too." I chuckled lightly, that was made quite clear that we were to come for dinner at least once a week. I think Dad is taking it a lot better than I thought he would, he's been making sure everything is right for us, Maddy has been great in even giving Brax and I this house to live in.

"Do you think Mum can see us?" he whispered, his head now turned to face me, a small smile on his lips.

"Yes I do, she's always here, I bet she wants you to clean that room of yours." I laughed, I'm surprised he can even walk through the door with all that crap on the floor.

"You know what, we should have a special movie night, just me and you, how does that sound?" I asked him, that is something we all used to do as a family which had stopped since Mum's death, I think that would be an awesome idea.

"Brax can be there too, and when you have Jaxon." he said sounding excited about the idea, which is what I was hoping for.

"Well then it's set, movie nights once a week." I smiled, it feels so good to talk to him about anything regarding Mum, he always shuts down and hides, not wanting to hear anything about her. We stayed there a little while longer until Dad walked in and told us it was time to pack the car up, it's just like he wants to get rid of me quickly. My room is staying like this, it's just my clothes, and all those little bits going with me, there's a lot of mum in here, I just couldn't change it, plus Brax's bed is much bigger to use than mine.