twenty three // Hoseok

Hoseok struggled as he ran away from the assistants of his family. He was used to them showing up every now and then, but this must have been an all-time record. They started showing up more often than they had before, and they got more impatient.

He didn't understand why they even cared enough to run after him for fifteen minutes straight. That was just insane. When did they even become so fit? They were in better condition than Hoseok himself.

«Mr. Jung. Please just come with us!» one of the men yelled. Hoseok stopped, turning to look at them. They were holding their stomaches, gasping for air.

Hoseok didn't even remember why he started to run. It was not like he needed it. He knew the procedure, they brought him, he obeyed. It had always been like that, but for some reason, he did not want to do that today. Today he wanted to tease them. Show them that he could put up a fight if he wanted to.

«And why is that?» Hoseok asked curiously. The man he recognized as the man that always was glued by his grandfather's side, spoke up. «The chairman has something to discuss with you. I would recommend you to meet up. Avoiding him won't do you any good»

Hoseok sighed. He was right.

«Why did you call me in?» Hoseok asked, facing his grandfather.

It had been a while since he had been in his office, but it still hadn't changed one bit. It was almost like time hadn't passed at all. His grandfather sat behind his big desk as always, with his glasses resting on his nose. His hair was lighter, or grey, and he looked older than he did just a few months ago. He actually looked old and fragile.

His grandfather smiled softly. «I wanted to discuss this one matter with you, Hoseok. Please promise me you will think about it, and not just say no to everything. I know how stubborn you can be. You got it from me after all»

«Come back home. It doesn't have to be «home», but please movie into the house I got you. I promise that I will let you do whatever you want as long as you move into the house and get ready to take over the company when I step down,» his old wrinkled eyes watched him hopefully.

Hoseok never wanted this. He never wanted to be the heir of the business. The whole idea of being glued to the company for the rest of his life made him want to throw himself out of the building. How could they not respect that?

«I do not want to take over the company, grandfather. I don't know how many times I've told you that,» Hoseok replied emotionless.

His grandfather sighed. «Then how about we start looking into marriage? Maybe that is better!»

Hoseok knew his grandfather good enough to know that he was trying to lure him in to move back home. He wouldn't give up without putting up a fight. Two could play that game, he thought.

«I already have a girl I want to marry,» Hoseok spat, not really thinking. His heart raced fast, and his cheeks flushed pink.

His grandfather smiled amusingly. «Bring her over so I can meet her then. I want to see the girl that's special enough to make my grandchild act like a lovesick puppy.»

Hoseok's eyes widened. Lovesick puppy? How could he say that? He was not like those annoying guys that adored their girlfriends more than anything, and couldn't live without them one second.

His grandfather hummed. «I've thought and what if you brought her to your house. Live there with her. There will of course be some rules, and I'm not saying that I accept this, but why not try? Everything to get you home»

Hoseok's hearted stopped for a second. Live together, in his house? That meant he had to tell her about the situation. He groaned. Why him? He didn't want her to get involved in that life.

«What do you say, Hoseok?»

Hoseok wanted to yell at his grandfather for proposing something so hideous, but he couldn't get out a single word. He was a coward. Much worse than he originally thought he was. It was different when it involved Jae Hwa. Why did he mention her? How could he be so stupid. He wanted to hit himself. He deserved a good punch.

«Okay»

He hated himself.