fourteen // hoseok

"Adeul!" he heard his mom squeal at the end of the corridor. He mentally groaned.

He did not want anyone to acknowledge him. He knew it were too much to ask for, but he had hoped his mother would accept his request.

"Mother, please. Just pretend I'm not here," he hissed in annoyance. She gasped in horror.

"How can you request me to pretend like I don't see my own son? I do have the right to know if you are doing fine. I just want the best for you," she said, grabbing his arm, stopping him from packing his things.

Hoseok sighed as he stood up straight, facing his mother. It had been quite a while since he last saw her, and it would have been a white lie to say she had not aged during that time. It was not much of a change, but her hair was slowly getting grey, and the wrinkles on her face were visible.

"There is a big difference between wanting to control my life and care about me. You do not care about me, mother. You just care about the benefits of being the mom of the richest son in the country. I have told you before, and I still feel the same way. I do not want anything to do with this family or the responsibility I cannot escape," he said blankly, waiting for his mother's reaction.

She did not say anything. He knew he had hurt her feelings. She was a good person. She was his mother after all, but he was tired of her texts every week with new names and information about potential daughters in law.

She just did as his father had ordered her to do, but Hoseok had somehow hoped she would stand up for her son for once. He was stupid for hoping she was brave enough to do so. She clearly did not care enough.

"Adeul, I don't want to control your life, far from it. I do not know why you think that is my intention. I want the best for you, even though that might be living a normal life," she said with tears brimming up in her eyes.

She reached out and cupped his face in her small hands. The warmth of her hands gave him a closeness he had not felt in the longest time. No matter how mad he wanted to be with at her, she was his biggest weakness, she always had been. He had stayed for her.

"Please, come home. I will not mention any girls, and I will talk to your father about all of this," her face was wet from the tears that had escaped from her eyes, and her brown orbs were watching Hoseok hopefully.

Hoseok sighed, watching his mother so vulnerable in front of his eyes.

"You've grown up to become such a handsome young man. Are you really my son?" she whispered with a small smile plastered on her face.

Hoseok wrapped his arms around her petite body, pulling her into his chest, breathing in her familiar scent. He would have lied if he said he would not miss his mother, because he would.

"Don't worry, mother. I will be back before you know it. Please just hold on a little longer."

A/N: FINALLY AN UPDATE. I HOPE IT'S OKAY I POST THIS. Their relationship will be important later on.