☂︎Lucky Umbrella☂︎

The rain poured down with a taunting force, teasing the people who have forgotten their umbrellas and were forced to succumb to the rains power. You, luckily, we're not one of those poor souls. Honestly, you had no idea about the rain storm that was predicted, but you managed to find an umbrella that was long forgotten in your messy backpack. It was amazing, everything that your backpack held secret for all these years, you even found a paper back from second grade!

Balancing your umbrella in one hand, you began adjusting your jacket so it would protect you from the unyielding wind. You really needed to begin looking at the weather station every morning, your thin jacket was doing nothing to block the wind!

You were surprised with how well your umbrella worked, especially considering the condition it was in when you found it. The button that opened the umbrella refused to work, and one of the metal structures for it was snapped in two. You smiled up at the floral parasol, and zipped up your jacket. You were really lucky to find it, that's why it's your lucky umbrella!

Bracing yourself, you continued to force yourself down the street, but you quickly ceased your steps when a red umbrella flew past you. You quirked an eyebrow at the fleeting umbrella, bless the poor kid who lost their protection from the rainstorm. You sighed, hoping that the same fate would not fall upon your umbrella. You turned around and began walking, maybe you could stop at that cafe you liked! Smiling, you turned your gaze from the ground so you can read the signs of the passing buildings, but instead you spotted silhouette that was running in the same direction as the runaway umbrella.

Before they were able to pass you, you seized their arm. Seeing them in the light of of the store you were able to identify them as a student who was in a few of your classes. "Cunningham?" you looked over his soaked body, "Was that your umbrella that flew away?" He only replied with a sigh.

"Yeah, and it was a new one too..." He gripped his arm and stared at the ground. Randy looked up at you when the rain suddenly ceased; your umbrella was now hovering over him as well.

"I'm awfully sorry about that, but you can share mine with me!" You cheerfully stated, tilting your head to the side.

"It's fine."

"No," you persisted, "I insist!" Randy sat there, thinking about it before he decided to give it a go.

"Okay fine, that's really Bruce of you." Randy gripped the pole of the parasol, his hand almost brushing against your own.

"It's no big deal! Just lead the way!" Randy began walking, and you just followed along. An awkward silence enveloped you guys as you listened to the rain land on the umbrella.

"Don't we have science together?" Randy asked, attempting to snap the quiet.

"Actually, yes," you looked up at him, "we also have math and art! You know, you may not be the best at some classes, but you have a knack for math!" You blushed when you realized how creepy that must have sounded.

"What the juice?" Randy muttered to himself before speaking up, " how do you know that, umm, (your name)?"

"I am usually called to turn in the papers," you looked at the ground, "it is rather hard not to peek at the other students' scores." Randy chuckled.

"That's so wonk you peeper!" You giggled.

"At least I don't go to school games with nothing but a speedo and body paint!" An embarrassed blush formed on Randy's cheeks. So you were there when that happened huh?

"That was one time!" You and Randy grinned at each other before you pointed towards a small bistro.

"Wanna hurry and get some bubble tea? My aunt owns this cafe so she might give us some for free!"