Prologue

Shadowstar was laying peacefully in her bed of moss. It had been a great day, Pearlblossom had her kits, and Tigerpaw and Foxpaw became apprentices. Then a yowl pierced the forest, Shadowstar bolted up. Goldenflower the deputy ran into Shadowstars den "What was that?" Goldenflower asked.

"I don't know, but if I had to guess anything it's that Fang cat!" Shadowstar marched out of her den, seeing a dozen awaken cats all confused as her. "Did you hear that?" Some of them asked. Shadowstar leaped up to the high rock and called for all her cats attention.

 "Cats! Don't be alarmed! I will send out a patrol of cats, including myself!" 

Shredface was the first one to respond "What do you think happened?" 

"I don't know but I suspect that Fang is up to it." Shredface winced Fang had once been her friend and former leader, ever since she left Bloodclan. "I will take, Goldenflower, Snowhawk, Sandyblaze,and-" before she could finish. Mouseclaw came bounding out of the Medicine cat den.

"Wait! It was a omen from Starclan!" He paused to catch his breath "Starclan has made a mistake, and they want us to be prepared!" The crowd of cats erupted with mews of distress and fear.

"Everyone calm down!" Shadowstar yowled into the crowd of cats "Go back to sleep we will investigate in the morning!" And with that a prophecy was born: A mistake will cause one to become evil. The one with stripes of a tiger and claws of a lion, will be the one to destroy the forest.