Chapter 9-Shadowstar

It was morning, Shadowstar knew that it was going to be a great day today. She stepped out of the den, and Mouseclaw walked up to her, he had a worried expression on his face.

"Shadowstar, I think there's a problem with Foxpaw."

"What do you mean?"

"She's been acting strangely."

"Like what do you mean strange?"

"Strange as in, quiet and avoiding strange."

"Thanks for telling me Mouseclaw, would you mind bringing her to me?"

"No problem!"

Shadowstar waited for a bit while then Mouseclaw came back with Foxpaw. Shadowstar flicked her tail signaling that Foxpaw should follow her. She and Foxpaw wandered into Shadowstars den. Shadowstar sat down and so did Foxpaw, they stared at each other for quite some time. Then Shadowstar broke the silence.

"Foxpaw, Mouseclaw has informed me that you have been acting strangely, do you have anything to say about this?"

Foxpaw shuffled her paws. "I honestly don't think I'm acting strange, Tigerpaw has been acting strangely."

"What do you mean?"

"She attacked me last night like something took over her, she wasn't acting like herself."

"She just attacked you for no reason?"

"Yes. I wasn't doing anything, but sorting herbs."

"You can go now Foxpaw. Thanks for telling me."

Foxpaw stood up and began walking out before Shadowstar stopped her.

"Foxpaw."

She turned around "Yes?"

"Stay away from Tigerpaw."