Chapter 3-Shadowstar

Shadowstar awoke to the sound of cats walking into her den. She sat up and recognized the two as Mouseclaw and Foxpaw. "Yes? What do you want?" She yawned.

"Go on Foxpaw tell her." Mouseclaw urged. Shadowstar stared at them curiously, what happened.

"I-I had a dream, Leafpool was there and she told me A mistake will cause one to become evil, the one with stripes of a tiger and claws of a lion. Will be the one to destroy the forest." She recited the words exactly. She also told Shadowstar about the battlefield with the dead cats and the one cat with stripes of a tiger. Mouseclaw and Foxpaw then got up and left.

"Thank you for telling me Foxpaw." A mistake? She thought, what could that mean. She swiped a paw over one ear and curled back into her nest.

Shadowstar awoke to another piercing yowl. She jolted up and ran outside her den, all of the clan were outside their own dens confused  and scared as they once were before. She jumped to the high ledge "May I have all your attention!" She cats stared up at her. Then Blazepaw came bounding into camp.

"It's Snowhawk! It's Snowhawk!" She was gasping for air. Shadowstar lept from the rock and bounded over to her.

"What's happened to Snowhawk?" She demanded.

"He... He's dead!" All the cats gasped and Goldenflower ran over to the two, sorrow in her eyes, Snowhawk was her brother.

"Where is he!" Goldenflower urged.

"He's near the lake." Blazepaw responded.

Shadowstar flicked her tail telling Goldenflowerto follow her. They walked over to the lake, Goldenflower halted when she saw Snowhawks body lying there, in a pool of blood. Shadowstar ran over to his body and touched her nose to his shoulder. She glanced around his body to see what wounds he had.

Some cat had raked his stomach, sliced his nose, and did the most frowned upon attack. The killing bite, right to the neck. She looked over to her side Goldenflower was laying down her muzzle rested on his flank. She only said one thing, "Who would do this?" And Shadowstar knew the answer, the one with tiger stripes.