Chapter 1-Tigerpaw

Tigerpaw yawned and stretched, it has been exactly 2 moons since she became a apprentice. She bounded out of the den to find her mentor, Snowhawk. She saw the young white tabby tom sitting at the entrance. She ran over towards him "Snowhawk! What are we doing today?" She mewed happily.

"Well we are going to do some battle training."He responded while standing up and padding out of camp.

"Great!" She followed her mentor out of camp. When they reached the sandy hollow she stood silently waiting for Snowhawks instructions.

"Today I'm going to be teaching you the front paw strike." He stepped closer to Tigerpaw,"First you, pull your paw up like this." He lifted his paw claws sheathed. "And the make the blow." He brought his paw down quick and hit the sand causing a poof of sand. "Now you try on me."

Tigerpaw readied herself she ran towards Snowhawk and brought her paw down on his head.

"Great job!" He backed up a little, while Tigerpaw was taking in the praise he sprung at her and pinned her to the ground.

"Hey! Not fair, I wasn't ready!" She squirmed beneath him.

"Enemy cats don't care if your ready or not." He mewled 

Tigerpaw turned on her back and kicked Snowhawk off her "I win!" She jumped in the air with excitement. As Snowhawk gathered his bearings, he stood up "Fine you win this time, come on let's head back to camp the dawn patrol will be leaving soon."