Chapter 11-Tigerpaw

Two moons had passed since Foxblaze got her name. Tigerpaw was jealous she wanted her warrior name more than ever. But she knew she had tons more training to go through, she walked through the forest ignoring her surroundings. Suddenly she found herself at the edge of Thunderclan territory. She was next to the Shadowclan border, she was getting ready to turn around before she heard a voice. 

"You trying to invade our territory all by yourself, Tigerpaw?"

Tigerpaw looked at the cat who spoke and recongized Brindlepaw. "Oh, hey Brindlepaw." She flattened her ears. "I wasn't going to invade a clans territory all by myself!" 

Brindlepaw chuckled. "I knew you weren't mouse brained enough to do it."

Tigerpaw let out a purr of amusement. "Why are you out here all by yourself?"

"I needed to get away from camp." He paused, "Hey, I heard your sister got her medicine cat name two moons ago."

Tigerpaw lashed her tail, "Yeah, it's not that big of a deal."

Brindlepaw took a step forwards but didn't cross the border. "I can tell your a bit jealous. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your name soon."

"I'm not jealous." Tigerpaw snapped. Brindlepaw backed away. "I'm sorry Brindlepaw, I guess I am."  Brindlepaw smiled and carefully placed on paw across the border before stopping.

"You won't tell?"

Tigerpaw shook her head and Brindlepaw proceed to cross the border, he sat down in front of Tigerpaw so close that their muzzles were almost touching. Tigerpaw couldn't help but stare into his amber eyes. "Um Brindlepaw?"

"Yeah?"

"Remember the Gathering when we first met?" Tigerpaw looked down at her paws a shifted them slightly.

"Of course I do that was my first gathering!"

"Well ever since that night I've always had a-"  Tigerpaw's ears perked up, and she pounced onto of Brindlepaw.

"Tigerpaw what are you doing!" He yelled struggling beneath her weight.

"Keep your muzzle shut and you'll understand." She hissed quietly. 

"Tigerpaw?" Another voice sounded. Tigerpaw looked behind her to see Foxblaze.

"Oh hey Foxblaze. Just saw this trespasser!" She spat as she looked back down at Brindlepaw who was obviously confused.

Foxblaze tilted her head to one side, "You can let him go, I'm sure he meant no harm."

Tigerpaw snorted and jumped off of Brindlepaw, who had stood up and shook leaves from his pelt. 

"I'm sorry for trespassing, I will be going back to my clan now." He stated as he turned around and stalked back into Shadowclan territory. Tigerpaw watched him go with pleading eyes, wanting him to come back.

"What are you thinking Tigerpaw!"

Tigerpaw whipped her head back to face Foxblaze whose orange pelt was bristling with anger. "I don't know what you mean, I was protecting our territory."

"You don't have to lie, I was watching you the whole time. You told him he could come over the border! Tigerpaw, this is what's going to get you in trouble!"

"Why were you watching me! I'm fully capable of going out on my own without you watching over me like I'm a weak helpless kit!"

Foxblaze flattened her ears, "Tigerpaw I'm trying to protect you, I don't want you getting into danger!"

Tigerpaw dug her claws into the soft earth below her, "I can protect myself Foxblaze! Its my life, and I can do whatever I want! I don't need you checking up on me every second of the day!"

Foxblaze back away the words clearly stung. "I see, your so mature now Tigerpaw. You don't even need your own sister in your life."

Tigerpaw narrowed her eyes, "Your right I don't." She spat, as she shouldered her way past Foxblaze heading back to camp.