Chapter 5- Shadowstar

Shadowstar was sitting in the middle of camp, thinking. Who am I going to bring to the Gathering? She finally decided on who and jumped onto the high ledge.

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather around the high rock for a clan meeting!" She watched as cats filed in. "I have chosen the cats to go with me to the Gathering." All of thier ears perked up and they were suddenly interested.

"I will take Goldenflower, Foxpaw,Mouseclaw, Tigerpaw, and Brokenbreeze." She watched the cats whose names were called filled with excitement. 

It was finally the night of the full moon, Shadowstar yowled calling all the cats that were attending the Gathering. When they were all their she flicked her tail, signaling the go ahead.

When they arrived at the island, she could only scent Windclan. She jumped into the fallen tree and walked across it with ease. Foxpaw however fell of the tree and Brokenbreeze had to save her.

They all filed in the island, greeting Windclan friends. Shadowstar sat next to the Windclan leader, Flamestar. Then Riverclan filed in followed by Shadowclan. Flamestar stood up and called into the crowd of cats.

"Since every cat is here let the Gathering begin!" He sat back down. Shadowstar watched as the cats shifted to sit next to thier clans.

She cleared her throat signaling that she wanted to go first. "Thunderclan is doing well, the prey is running and we are excpecting a great Leaf-Bare." She glanced down at Goldenflower "We are also mourning the loss of one of our warriors, Snowhawk was murdered by a unknown cat." 

There were gasps among the crowd, the Flamestar spoke "We are sorry for your loss Shadowstar, Windclan is doing well the prey is too running and we have nothing else to report."

Then Froststar and Sharpstar spoke and the gathering was over. She waited till Riverlcan left and continued head home . She glanced over her shoulder before telling her cats to go, to se if they were all there. That's when she saw Tigerpaw staring at a Shadowclan apprentice, not menacingly but in a dreamy sort of way. Shadowstar flicked her tail and the headed home.