Chapter 3 - The rescue

The rescue

After leaving Books and Astral Accessories, she went looking for a place to sit. She had the copy of "My Pleasant Place" and was eager to read more on this paradise that seemed to be the answer to her problems. She looked around and noticed that there was something different about the Bus Station – It's been a long time since the last time I was here. – She said to herself – It seems that a lot has changed... to tell the truth, it's as if I'm seeing this place for the first time... – She looked at the shops and hallways and saw strange things. On a nearby wall was a kind of Calendar or at least something that looked like one. Observing it more carefully, she saw that instead of 12 months, this one had 14 and there was more than 30 days in each month. – This can't be a calendar... – she thought. – Also, the names listed weren't the months names at all. – Bali, Mali, Tala, Geli, Nila, Tula, Sila, Gala, Rela, Pala, Vula, Zela, Xali and Fuli. – What the hell is this? – The question was asked out loud, but there was no one to answer it. Above the picture was written 10th of Sila 4,74b. It was all very peculiar; she needed to find someone to explain to her what it was.

She looked around and realized that she was all alone. The feeling of lightness and happiness given by Akólouthos' handshake began to dissipate. She felt a chill go up her spine, an inexplicable fear invading her heart. She was slowly turning to the other way when...

- Aaaahhhhhh!!!!! You scared me half to dead! – She screamed in terror.

She covered her mouth with one hand and had the other over her heart, dropping the book. She felt her knees weak for a moment and thought she might faint. Before her was a weird man wearing sunglasses, a black suit and holding something that looked like a radio or cell phone. He was dark, had black hair with a strange orange lock on the side. In fact, his hair looked like fuzzy fur. She speculated he was about 30 years old. He didn't flinch despite her loud cry.

- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Are you all right? – He asked a bit embarrassed.

- Yes! – She was still breathing fast but her heartbeat began to return to normal.

- I beg your pardon, I saw you from afar and you seemed lost. My name is Gregory Akil and I work here, can I help you? – Gregory extended his hand.

He was wearing a badge, but it was turned the wrong way. That made her very annoyed; after all, what good was a badge if it couldn't be read? This thought occurred to her as Gregory held his hand outstretched. She thought it strange that for the second time, an employee offered to shake her hand. She didn't remember going through a similar situation anywhere else. She imagined the cashier at the supermarket formally introducing herself... Focusing on the conversation again, she wondered what would have led him to believe that she was lost. She was just sitting on a bench, reading the book she had just bought.

- Is everything all right? – Gregory asked again seeking her eyes that were fixed on his outstretched hand.

- Hi, Gregory, everything is fine! I'm... – But just as her hand touched his, she fell unconscious. He caught her and nodded to a couple that watched from a distance.

The couple approached and quickly produced a kind of stretcher, triggered by a small bat in the boy's pocket. Both were young of appearance, but in the Anaya Gateway everyone looked as they wanted as long as duly registered and authorized. Age was irrelevant. A being existed since when it was only an energy dot. A record is created for each individual, where it is all the cycles passed are recorded, until it reaches an evolutionary level considered superior to that kind of control. However, only the records of Levels 4 and 5 are integrated into the security and control systems of the Gateway. Levels 1, 2 and 3 are recorded in the creation lab where they were conducted for the first time after been collected from the Original Source.