Chapter 12 - The Pher and the Fairy

The Pher and the Fairy

Dracon was sitting on a rock admiring the water movement of the river passing behind the main building of the Wicnian Colony. The water was absolutely green with a silver reflection.

- A silver ring for your thoughts.

When he turned, he saw Aminah walking toward him. She was more beautiful than ever and had a glow that enveloped her from head to toe. Her wings were slightly open and her hair shone with the light of day.

- Well, well, look it here! You look great! – Dacron smiled dazzling.

- Actually, that's exactly how I feel. The Colony Energizers are fabulous. With only three sessions, they managed to make me fit again. – She whirled happy. – I feel ashamed for letting my energy get so weak. I can't believe I went looking Master Carama to ask him to step down from our mission.

Aminah sat in a smaller stone beside Dacron.

- You shouldn't worry about it now. All of us are subject to the feeling unable to complete this mission. The important thing is to be united – he touched Aminah's hair.

- I couldn't have anyone better by my side. Only you can pamper me so, without making me feel like a fool. – Aminah rested her hand on Dacron's, who was still in her hair, and supported both on her shoulder, holding them lightly with her head as she reclined it.

For a moment, they stared at each other, just smiling. Dracon spoke first.

- So? What are your plans? – Dacron bent to pick up some pebbles who were close to their feet.

- Go back to my people. They must be missing me, thinking that their "Goddess" abandoned them. You? – She also took some pebbles.

- The same as yours. I know my people is brave, but they still need my support. It has been a long time since I've been absent for such a long period. – He threw one of the stones in the river.

- Me neither. – She shot a pink pebble that went further than Dacron's.

- So, we should hurry. – He threw another pebble that went beyond the Aminah's.

- All right, let's get ready. The faster we get back, the better.

Aminah threw a pebble, but when it began to fall in the river, little wings appered on it, causing it to move forward until it stopped well away from where they were. It floated above the river, but without touching the water.

- Hey, that's cheating! You manipulated your pebble! – Dacron protested smiling.

- Don't say such a thing. A Pher never cheats, seeks only more effective results.

The two started laughing and Dacron threw another pebble but now his, beside the wings also had a small tail swinging and driving it with more speed. When the pebbles met, they raced through the air, running after each other as if playing catch.

- Aha, see, I'm faster! – Dracon's pebble was about to touch Aminah's.

- But I'm smarter! – And then, Aminah's pebble skimmed on the water but before it touched it, maneuvered radically, going up, causing Dracon's to plunge at once without having time to change direction.

- Wow! I was wrong!

Dracon put an arm over her shoulders and Aminah returned the hug at the waist. They were silent for a while until they heard a throat clearing.

- Hmm... hi?

Aminah and Dacron turned to see Vigilio standing a little behind them.

- Hello Vigilio! In fact, we were going to look for you. We'll go back to Wicnion right now. – Dacron responded by taking the arm from Aminah's shoulder.