Chapter 13 - The second volunteer

The second volunteer

Akólouthos Acolyte was perplexed and radiant. He studied hard to specialize in psychic development of levels 1 and 2 beings, and now it seemed that he was being recognized for all his efforts. He had in his hand an invitation to participate in a special training program, which was not detailed, but aimed at his participation in a project coordinated directly by Master Carama, the Governor of Anaya Gateway. It carried only the information of when and where the meeting would happen and the observation that should be discreet and not to comment to anyone.

"Anaya Gateway, 24 Sila 4,74b.

Dear Akólouthos Akolyte,

It's with great satisfaction that the direction of the Anaya Gateway invites you to join the Improvement of Psychic Knowledge of Evolving Beings, levels 1 and 2 Course.

This invitation is made with the knowledge it won't be refused and that your involvement in this project will be very productive. Therefore, we request that you go to the auditorium 4 of the Special Courses Sector N1-2 to 4411 the next day 38.

The course in question will be coordinated by Master Carama that will give the inaugural lecture for clarification and details of the program.

WARNING: Discretion is essential in relation to this invitation and training.

We recommend immediate disintegration of this letter after reading.

Certain of your collaboration,

Supplemental Educational Committee of Psicobiogenetics N1-2 Studies. "

Akólouthos pulled out a chair and sat down without being able to stop reading and re-reading the invitation in his hand. He already participated in many trainings, but none of confidential character and, much less, taught by a Governor. He couldn't imagine what it was about, but sensed that soon he would have a hard chore ahead. Not that this worried him, he didn't refuse work but wanted to make sure that he would be up to the part. On the other hand, Master Carama wouldn't invite him if he wasn't sure of his ability. Read it again "...your involvement in this project will be very productive".

- Did you hear that Valorous? I was invited to participate in a very important course! "Improvement of psychic knowledge of evolving beings, levels 1 and 2 Course."

Valorous was a puppy that Akólouthos had taken in some time ago and who accompanied him almost everywhere except to work. Large eyes and attentive, it approached Akólouthos on its hind legs and putting the two front paws on the legs of the boy. It sniffed the paper and gave a lick on Akólouthos' hand rubbing its nose asking for a cuddle.

- Oh, you want a belly rub, don't you?

Akólouthos was at his home, a modest housing of only two rooms and one floor, but very large and airy, with a porch, lawn and garden. The largest room served as a bedroom, with a wide and comfortable couch and two small armchairs were he had friends over to study, talk or sing songs that they themselves created. The decor was simple, but cozy. A carpet, a standing lamp, curtains, some plants and pads completed the environment. The other room, slightly smaller, was separated by a curtain of tiny crystals. It had a compact projector and some shelves filled with books. A lamp hung from the ceiling and a small oval table, with two chairs that fit in it stood in one corner, leaning against the wall. He, like more than half of stationed Gateway workers, lived in one of its annexes where housing units were. There was possible to find a good house without using many energy bonuses. Only with much effort, one could work and live in Anaya Gateway. That is why, Akólouthos, in addition to working in Books and Astral Accessories, was also an assistant in an office of Combined Psychobiology, where he was in charge of keeping the medical records of patients organized and updated.