The one that got away

It took it's time, but here it is;)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Niall P.O.V

I've been sitting beside Lizzie's hospital bed for three days, and I hope she'll wake up soon. The werewolf doctor Jacob called before they had to leave back to England, said that she fell into a small coma, but that she should be back any moment, as her body heals faster than normal people.

She passed out after Leo handed her over to me when we saved her. She was healing fine, and now we were just waiting for her to wake up, since Simon wanted to speak with her about something.

After we came back from the fight, Leo's been weird. He's been avoiding us, but he hasn't left yet. He's also been very protective over Lizzie, even towards me. If I didn't knew I was Lizzie's mate, I would think he was. But that's impossible, cause no one has ever had two mates, so I quickly tried to think of something else.

I took Lizzie's hand in mine, glad she survived and that we killed those who hurt her, and those who threatened Harry.

"Hey Lizzie, I don't know if you can hear me, but you really need to wake up soon. The gang miss you very much, Simon wants to see you, Jake, Kris and Emmy had to go home to tell your pack, Leo's acting strange and I... I'm a mess without you Liz. You need to wake up soon. I want to see your beautiful forest green eyes and kiss you, and tell you how perfect you are. The doc said you were okay, and all that's left was for you to wake up, but I can't help but worry. Please Liz, wake up, I need you" I whispered to her, and kissed her knuckles.

"Niall" I heard someone mumble, and my head snapped up. Lizzie was awake!

"Princes, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm so, so sorry" I cried and hugged her tightly.

"It wasn't your fault Ni, I should've been more careful" She whispered back, and winched slightly. I let go of her, and she laid back on the bed.

"What happened? Why did you try to take them alone?" I asked, not angry, more curious.

"I'm the princess Niall, I'm supposed to deal with these kind of things. But I failed and those bastards are still out there" Lizzie sneered, and even though she was pale as a ghost and really weak, she was scary.

"They're not out there, we killed them. They're not going to be any trouble anymore" I said, calming her down.

"What about Eleanor and the girl?" she asked me quietly.

"Louis killed El, and the girl snapped out of a trance or something, saying she was bewitched, Emma believed her, and she's living with my cousin up in Norway" I smiled at her, glad she was okay.

"It must have been hard for Lou" Lizzie said, she's so caring. She just wake up from coma after being kidnapped and tortured, and she's concerned that Louis must be having a hard time after killing a crazy ex-girlfriend.

"He'll be fine, I'm just happy you here" I smiled, and kissed her carefully.

Elizabeth P.O.V

When Niall kissed me, I felt the sparks light up again, those sparks I was afraid I would never feel again.

"When are we going to meet Simon?" I asked, remembering something from what he told me right before I woke up.

"As soon as the doctor say your okay" Niall answered, and smiled again, he seemed really relieved.

"How bad is it?" I asked, getting into a little more serious topic.