You can let go now daddy

Elizabeth (Lizzie) P.O.V

I had asked Jake and Kristen's fathers to keep the fighters training while I spendt my time in the hospital with Rex. Beatrice and Nathan spendt the days with Kristen and the other pack children, I was trying to keep them away from Rex now that the Doctors said he would die soon. I didn't want them there when it happened.

I had aslo noticed that the one that knew about Rex's condition were treating me differently, like they were more aware that I was going to become Queen sooner or later, sooner than we all thought.

I was on my way to see Rex again, it was a late Saturday, only a few days after New Years Eve, which had been spendt training, and I had been forced to take the twins with me, as Kristen and Jacob needed some girlfriend/boyfriend time.

"I can't wait to se Granddad Rex again!" Nathan smiled widley.

"Me too. I love Granddad Rex!" beatrice exclaimed. And that was the reason to why I didn't want them to see him as he was now. They had seen him sick, but the last time I saw him it was really bad, and I didn't excpect him to be any better now.

"And I'm sure that Granddad Rex can't wait to see you either, he loves you very much" I smiled back to them.

We got to the hospital rather fast and I parked in my usual spot. I hurridly got the twins out of the car and we walked calmly intot the small werewolf hospital. Beatrice held my left hand while Nathan hang onto my right.

It was a new lady behind the desk, but I walked over anyway, smiling kindly at her, while she looked boredly back at me.

"What can I help you with?" She asked, he voice monotone and almost mean.

"We're here to see Alpha Rex" I answered, dropping my smile.

"Are you close family?" She asked, her eyes narrowing, and she was stomping heavily on my nerves.

"I'm his daughter and this is his grandchildren" I answered, it was mostly true, only difference is that he is not my father by blood  or law, but it was a silent agreement that I was his adoptive daughter.

"It stands here that he does not have any familly" She smirked and tapped away on her computer.

"Listen, I'm Princess Elizabeth Wolf, this are Prince Nathan Oliver Wolf and Princess Beatrice Catherine Wolf and we're here to see Alpha Rex" I barked at her, using some of my alpha powers.

"I'm so sorry Princess Elizabeth! I... I didn't know, just go in, you know where he is" the girls stuttered, her eyes wide and scared. I nodded to her and brought Beatrice and Nathan with me into Rex's room.

"Granddad Rex!" the twins giggled and ran to him, they jumped onto his bed and hugged him tight. It was obvious that he tried to hide it, and that the twins didn't notice, but I saw. Rex was in pain, a lot of it. His face had sunken in and his eyes were tired. The vampire venom had taken it's toll on his body and he was getting weaker by the second. His hair was also getting thinner, all in all, he looked terrible. And it was aweful to watch.

"Hi you guys, I've missed you so much" Rex said weakly, he was trying to be strong in front of the kids, but I saw how hard it was for him. The door opened and one of the doctors stuck his head inside. He made eye contact with me and nodded.

"Excuse me, Princess Elizabeth. Could I have a word with you?" he asked. I nodded and followed him into the hallway, telling the kids to be carefull with Rex.

The doctor closed the door after us and we met with a nurse outside.

"I'm afraid to tell you that Alpha Rex only have minutes left. His body has been fighting the venom for far to long. The venom was in his body for almost twenty minutes, fifteen minutes more than what should be able to fix. But since Rex is an Alpha, and the king at that, he has been able to fight the venom, until know. His organs are failing, they took to much damage, the only think that's keeping him alive now is that he is to stuborn to die" the doctor said, his voice sad, while tears filled his eyes. All wolves in our pack knew Rex, and everyone loved him as Alpha, so him dying was going to be hard on all of us.