20

Chapter twenty: Asked out.

VANESSA NICOLE

I pack up my bag to school and see my little sister, pulling up at our drive way. She left her car at our aunt's house. She went there at 5am to pick it up.

I usually wake up at 6:45 or something. Laura wakes up at 6 and we go to school at 7:30 since classes start at 8. We always have to be 30 or 40 minutes early.

" Hey, Nessa! Get in. " She says calling out to me, i look at her and nod and look back at my bag, just placing the rest of my books inside my sky blue backpack. I walk to her Red Convertable Car and she drives to school.

I see Laura bringing her favorite back pack.. It's the mint green colored back pack. Our dad gave us these bags before he left to Italy. It's the reason why we love it so much.

" Did you do your Chemistry homework? I mean, i know we never have class together, but did you? " Laura asks me, not taking her eyes off the road, i nod at her, " Yes i did. You know Mr. Damson could be a huge pain in the butthole if you don't do your homework. " I say as i roll my eyes, Laura laughs.

" Exactly the same with Mrs. Travall. " She says chuckling. Soon, we arrive at school. We both exchange goodbyes and she runs away to her locker.. I slowly walk inside the school since my eyes were locked right through my phone.

It's 7:34am.. We must've left earlier than i expected.. I see Instagram and Twitter notifications.. Also a text message.....

UNKNOWN
HEY NESSSSIEEE!! It's me, Andrienna Castavaro! Ya know, Andrie? From elementary? I'm gonna school in Dexter University, i want to know if you school there too. I just came back to L.A last month! Decided to school here since my previous school was far from my neighborhood.

My reply: OMG! ANDRIE!? That's you!? And no.. I school in Marino High!

Andrie:ohhh! Imy though!

Andrie was my childhood friend. We literally spent every second of our lives together! Riker and Andrie are so close too! Because three of us hung out together when we were young.

If your wondering why Andrie wasn't there for me when Riker and I ended our friendship. Well because she moved to San Francisco.. She came back though! It makes me super happy!

I bet ya a thousand bucks, Riker is gonna flip if he finds out that Andrie is back here in L.A!

" Nessa! " I hear somebody shout from behind. Speaking of Riker, well here he is.

" Did you do your Chemistry homework? " He asks me in such a hurried voice.. He's panting and sweating. What the heck did he get into!?

" Yeah. I did. " I say to him, looking at him weirdly.. He rages and grabs his Chemistry book and goes to the page where our assignment was.

" What is the answer to question seven!? " He asks me raging in frustration.. I read the question.

What is not chemically combined? Also, this has two or more components mixed together. What do you call this?

I see the answer at the previous page since it was in bold letters and the paper in the book was white.

" Riker, the answer is mixtures.. It's in the previous page. " I say flipping the page to the one behind it and showing him the answer.. He sighs in frustration and puts the answer on the blank.

" Thank Nes. " He says, i just smile at him, "
no problem. "

-

Recently, i've been hanging out with a close friend of mine, Lucas. He just moved here four months ago. We started hanging out when i had free time besides being with Riker.

" Lucas! Your so funny! " I say smiling happily,
I really like Lucas though. I lost my feelings for Riker and only see him as a best friend of mine. I'm really happy to have Lucas.

" Hah, your just like your sister. " He says rolling his eyes. Wow, he compared me with Laura, " Anyway, love your outfit today. "

" Thanks. " I say smiling at him, i see Riker approach us, " Vanessa, you- " He stops talking when he sees Lucas, " well, who are you? "

" I'm Lucas Damon. I'm twenty-two and i'm a close friend of Vanessa's. " He says smiling big at Riker.. What the heck.

" Well, cool. I'm Riker Lynch, i'm twenty- two, Vanessa's best friend. " He says smiling back but not too big like Lucas.

" I need to go. " Riker says waving goodbye at us, i wave at him, " Bye Riker! " Lucas says smiling widely.

" You seem happy. " I say to Lucas, he nods and smiles at me, " Your friend looks cute and nice. " He says.. WHAT!?

" Did you say c-cute!? " I say bursting out laughing. He looks at me with a serious face, " Yeah he is. " Lucas exclaims.

" Yeah right. "

-

Lucas and I are walking in hand and hand at the beach.. I feel butterflies busting in my stomache.

" Hey, Nessa. I think it's been long enough. " He says looking at me.

" What do you mean? "

" Do you wanna go out with me? "

.....

" YES! " I scream out happily, we both hug and soon pull away, " I'm gonna pick you up tonight at 6. "

-

" Nessa! Get ready! Lucas is here! " Laura shouts from downstairs, i look at myself and the mirror and give myself a little pep talk!

I'm wearing a lacy sky blue colored dress that only reaches above my knees. By the bottom of the dress, it has some white colored laces on it. For my shoes, i'm wearing my blue sparkly heels and a white purse.

I walk downstairs and see Lucas wearing a plain white shirt, black pants and some fancy i- don't- know brand of shoes😂

" Ready to go, mi'lady? " He asks me as he puts his hand out..i nod and take it. Before we left, Laura stops us, " TAKE CARE OF HER! IF YOU HURT HER IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY, YOUR DEAD MEAT! " She shouts.

Lucas nods, " Laura, i'll take care of her. Promise. " He says, Laura nods and lets us go.

I won't give out details of our date but let's just say it was the best😍😍