Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

Bad Memories

Savi's P.O.V.

Today is the day... The day she died. My best friend in the whole world. Hannah. Her 1st Year Death Anniversary is today. My friends and I are going to the cemetery today to visit her.

After P.E., I change into a casual attire, but anyone who knew me could immediately tell that something was off.

"Savi? Are you okay?" Scarlett makes an attempt to break the awkward silence at our table.

I just shake my head.

"What's wrong?" Ryan asks.

"As if you care?" I snap at him.

"I was just asking." He puts his hands up in surrender.

"Jake, can I talk to you over there?"

"Sure." He responds and gets up from the table.

"Are you busy this afternoon?" I ask him quickly.

"No, why?"

"I need you to come with me please. I can't do this alone." I say, trying to fight the tears threatening to spill out.

"Sure, but where?"

"I'll tell you later when my friend picks us up."

As we walk at the table, I notice that Ryan looks like he is on the verge of crying. Good.

"Hey, man are you okay?" Jake asks Ryan. I guess he noticed too.

He gives a simple shake of his head, then runs to the bathroom sobbing. What? We chase after him.

"Ryan, what's wrong?" Nicholas tells Ryan, who is on the floor in a fetal position.

"M-my girlfriend. T-today is her f-first y-year." He sobs.

"First year what?"I ask him, caring less what this guy would say.

"D-d-death." What?

"W-was her name H-Hannah?!" I ask him.

"How d-did you know?" I feel bad now.

"She was my best friend." I say as I collapse on the floor crying.

"What's going on?"

"My best friend Hannah, died last year, today, and its all Ashleigh's fault." I say my sadness turned into anger as I remember the events of that night.

Flashback

"Ugh! Guys be careful crossing the road!" I shout at my two idiots of best friends.

"Ya ya mom, shut up!" Ashleigh said laughing.

I never liked Ashleigh. She would just come around when she needed a friend because of the drama with her other ones. When she did, she would just irritate us all.

"Oh my gosh Hannah! You're so stupid." Ashleigh said pushing Hannah as they crossed the road.

"No! Don't do that!" I shouted at them.

"Relax, she's fi-" cut off by Hannah's scream.

She was hit by a car.

When Ashleigh pushed her, she lost her balance and fell onto the road.

I immediately ran to her side, but when I looked up, Ashleigh was running away.

"Where are you going?" I asked Ashleigh, hoping she is just running to get help. I get no response though.