Not Long

It has not been long since the loss of Palutena and Pit had already forgotten about her. His chest did not ache anymore, his eyes returned to it's original bright, happy color and he was smiling again. No frowns nor signs of sadness showed on his face whenever he was asked if he was alright with what happened. Pit was once again the same happy angel everybody knew and loved.

As for Dark Pit though, it was not that good. In some nights when he sleeps, he gets nightmares. These nightmares were the same event of the kitchen but instead it was Palutena holding the blade on his neck. Everytime she swung her arm to cut open his neck, he would jolt up in response and wake up shaking. He did not mind having these nightmares, but still got him to shake from fear. When he calms down he could feel the pain, but he was relieved to wake up to live another day.

With Pit.

-

Pit was sitting on a tree located at the front of the temple that used to belong to the Goddess of Light. The breeze was cool because it was early in the morning and the clouds were building up, not allowing the dim lights of the sun go through the thickness. The angel could tell it was going to be a bright day after what he assumed to be a storm. Just like they say, a rainbow is always at the other side of the tornado.

The brunette had a fruit in hand: an apple, he did not want to eat food that might result heavy for him. As he took a piece of fruit to his mouth, he could hear birds chirping and the cold wind through the leaves ruffling into each other. He felt peaceful for the first time on his life, not getting stressed out over work; peaceful. He took another bite and heard the piece snap out, along with a heavy footstep. The angel looked back and smiled warmly to the one he loves, the dark angel smiled back while looking up, he looked like a child looking up at his parents.

"You're awfully quiet but your feet said another thing."

Pit said as he jumped down from the branch, he stood on front of Dark Pit and hugged him.

"What are you doing outside at this hour? It's freezing out here."

"But I want to be here, also..." 

Pit broke the embrace to kiss Dark Pit on the lips. He broke the kiss, touched foreheads and whispered:

"Can you be my blanket?"

They intertwined hands and kept close to each other, still touching foreheads. Dark Pit chuckled at the idea because he thought it was cute but at the same time romantic. He motioned to sit down at the roots of the tree and hugged Pit, trying his best to keep him warm since he was not as cold as the lighter angel was. Pit snuggled and hugged the other's torso tightly, he sighed through his nose and closed his eyes.

The moment was perfect, it had everything it needed: peace, the one you love and touch. Pit did not want to waste his time on training his army or anything at all in general, he wants to spend all the time with the raven angel. Pit poked Dark Pit's side, making the other jolt in surprise.

"H-Hey, don't do that. I'm helping you and this is what I get as payback?"

"Dark Pit..."

"Yes?"

There was a silence, except for the sounds of the environment. It was nice but it still felt empty for the brunette. Pit swallowed and moved breaking the lock of the other's arms.

"I may have broken down when Palutena was killed for unknown reasons but..."

Pit held the other's warm hand tightly, bringing it to his cold face.

"I have never felt such freedom on my life. It's like... unexplainable freedom. For my whole life I've been serving her with no whine or pout. Being loyal was a forced feeling whenever she asked me to do something and other... topics that had scarred me for life now. But now... I don't have any worries for what she wanted to do to you just to keep me to herself, restraining me to have my own time and do my own things. I am actually glad that she is gone. I love you."

Pit kissed the other angel on the cheek and got back into a cat searching for warmth. Dark Pit stood silent in shook and disbelief of what the light one has just said. He was glad that woman was gone. That woman who only made Pit do things for her, he was more like a servant than a loyal angel. Dark Pit got his arms back to the position they were before the broken embrace.

He smirked and narrowed his eyebrows, congratulating himself for doing a good job.