Chapter 19

Callan's POV: This week was our final week at Aspen Heights. We graduated that Saturday. Ben and I decided to clear out our dorms that entire day. I left the room to go get lunch and when I came back Ben was just sitting down looking at a book,it looked like a photo album. "Hey babe,whatcha lookin at?" I asked him as I sat next to him. "Oh I'm just looking at old photos and stuff." He said. "Are those your parents?" I said looking at the photos with him. "Yeah." He said smiling. "I love my mom and dad a lot,but they're really judgmental...they think I chose to be gay." He said looking up at me. I always wondered what it was like having parents, but I'm probably never gonna know the answer. "When I came out to them they were really upset at me. My dad said if I ever dated a guy he would never talk to me again." He said choking up on the last few words. I never knew how emotional Ben really was,and how much he's been though. "I don't really have a relationship with my dad anymore but I still talk to my mom,She doesn't really like that I'm gay but..." He said looking down at pictures of her. "Is that you and Cassie?" I asked pointing at a picture of them. "Oh yeah that was our 5th grade graduation." He said smiling at the picture. "You and Cassie were like best friends,right?" I said grabbing his hand. "Well yeah but we're not as close as we used to be,so much happened in the past few years with me and Livia and her and Elita..." He said. After that there was an awkward silence. I just started laughing randomly. "What's so funny?" Ben said laughing with me. I don't even know to be honest." I said. "I can't believe we're graduating high school in a few days!" I said looking at my cap and gown. "I know right? It seems like yesterday I arrived here in 9th grade." Ben said. "And then we'll be off to college!" He said happily. "I really don't want to go to college..." I said quietly. I don't really think I'm the college type,I mean what would I even do there? "You don't have any jobs you want to do?" Ben said confused. "I can't really do anything." I said embarrassed. "Well...your good at math....um....you could be a teacher...or do something with computers?" Ben said. "What do you wanna do?" I asked. "I'm going for a degree in biochemistry." Ben said beaming. "I'll figure it out! Don't worry I'll go I gu- "YAY IT WILL BE SO LIT WE CAN GO TO LIKE COLLEGE PARTIES AND STUFF IM SO READY FOR COLLEGE YAS!" Ben screamed hugging me. Well apparently I'm going to college.

Author's note: next is the last chapter!